Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

Hello all,

Well Its about time I got back in the game. ;D Long first quarter of the season and I only found a Rosie >:( this season, till now. :D Today was a long day its about 10:00pm (EST) on May/ 9 /2008. I got home about an hour ago. :tongue3: Me and my hunting partner have been working areas in a bigger and bigger circumference from where we live. We found a nice little park today after about 2 hours of driving. :tard:

Well all day long since about 2pm(EST) I dug everything in the high VDI 80's + On my MXT. I dig nothing but clad lots of clad just in the 1965 -1967 range and about 7 wheat's. :-\ The first silver I dig is around 7 or 8pm (EST) a 1960 Rosie. :o The area still sounds off but reads as a nickle/pulltab VDI 18-22 So I say to my partner who first spotted the hit as I was hunting. I was sure it was a pulltab :icon_scratch: so I said go ahead you can dig it. It was another ROSIE! 1940's or something. :icon_scratch:

Anyway I continued to hunt the area where we found silver for about another hour. Nothing found :-\ I moved to another area that I found some wheat's in earlier. :icon_sunny: I pulled some clad and another wheat. 8) Soon after that I moved to the bottom of the area. I got a nice 94+ (50 cent hit) and out popped a nice old Solid Gold ring that weighs about an ounce at 4 inches. ;D :o :o Its bent but I don't care its easily fixable. It was kinda getting dark fast. I continued to hunt faster and managed 2 mercs before we left too. ;D :icon_king:

Moral of the story is...
I was hunting hard most the day fast and furious. :tongue3: I was finding nothing but clad. :icon_scratch: Around 5 or 6 I was getting very mad at the powers above. The universe, mother nature and God himself I was swearing and yelling to myself. :angry5: My partner already found Silver and me clad lots of signals reading silver but digging clad. :angry4: I thought nothing loved me, God himself has turned his back on me. Well he proved me wrong once again with the great finds that came later. No one... NO ONE loves you more than God so don't get Mad at him be patient and good things will come.

Sorry but I had to go there.
GOD BLESS-

Here are some Pictures,
Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• parkgold 001.jpg
    parkgold 001.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6,281
  • parkgold 002.jpg
    parkgold 002.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 6,304
  • parkgold 003.jpg
    parkgold 003.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 6,253
  • parkgold 004.jpg
    parkgold 004.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 6,224
Upvote 0

unclejesse67

Mar 9, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
MXT300
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

First of all, awesome find. I recently bought an MXT and have been familiarizing myself with it for the last couple months. I was surprised to hear that the gold ring rang up with a high VDI. I was under the impression that they ring like pulltabs. Is it because its 24K and not mixed with other metal? I've been just digging everything with a solid tone lately, regardless of VDI. My last silver dime registered as a screw lid and it was only at about 3 inches.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

unclejesse67 said:
First of all, awesome find. I recently bought an MXT and have been familiarizing myself with it for the last couple months. I was surprised to hear that the gold ring rang up with a high VDI. I was under the impression that they ring like pulltabs. Is it because its 24K and not mixed with other metal? I've been just digging everything with a solid tone lately, regardless of VDI. My last silver dime registered as a screw lid and it was only at about 3 inches.
I think that this gold ring rang up like it did due to it's weight. All of the rings that I have dug came up as nickel/pulltab except 1. It was a large silver man's ring and it was pretty heavy. Just my .02 worth.

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself

Yea really nice find there, I didn't even know they made rings in that high of krts...way to go! :thumbsup:

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Muddy...remember the days when you couldn't find nuttin' with that detector of yours?? You've come a long way, baby. That is a nice hunk-o-gold! Congratulations! :)

plehbah said:
Your post captured the feeling of treasure fever damnation well. I am going to go now, and do a few laps in the Prayer Closet.

You have one of those, too?? Glad you're back, Bahbah...I think. :icon_scratch:

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice ring :)

HH

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe

WTG MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an awesome find.......and it even made the Find's Banner........your first right?

That ring looks to be a treasure ring...........a map maybe......... :thumbsup:

Great coins as well...........all the best bud!

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks all,

I think willie d is right about the tone. A metal detector tells whats in the ground from an aura that the object puts off. This aura is based on the size and weight of the object. The thicker, heavier and the bigger the metal then the bigger the aura. So the ring gave off an aura like a 50 cent piece from its weight and thickness. :icon_study:

Mona Lisa, I do remember the days not finding anything with that BH.
Things have improved that's for sure.

Thanks again all,
Keep @ it and HH!!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

woooooooooooah nice stuff :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent digs congrats on the banner too!!!!!!

Guess you need to delete that can't find @#*& topic huh :tongue3:

lol again congrats :thumbsup:

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WOW

That's a rare find my friend!

Congrats to you, that's definitely one for the books :icon_study:

Nat

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations on such an excellent find and for making the banner. You didn't have a bad day.

My luck this year has been garbage and 2 cents. I just haven't had the time to get out.....

BEAUTIFUL RING!!!!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Great find and interesting story.

It was your destiny. ! ;D

I hope to find some real gold this summer. ;D

Bob

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey mud - wanna sell that ring?? how much?? ;D

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

Super nice ring!!!!!!!!!! I'm so curious about it's markings.

God bless you too!...some more!

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

More thanks,

Ummm.... I can't sell it untill I get it aprasied. What if its worth $20,000 I can't sell it for melt value. Ok, give me $20,000 and its yours lonewolfe . ;D I am curious about the markings too please If anyone knows about it please let me know. I guess I could del. that post hu Bridge End Farm?

Thanks again, Everyone
Keep @ it and HH!!

F

Felinepeachy

OMG!!!! That is so awesome.

Attachments

• congratulations_graphics_a2.gif
    congratulations_graphics_a2.gif
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,676
  • congratulations_graphics_a2.gif
    congratulations_graphics_a2.gif
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,675

AMorgan

Feb 22, 2008
Houston Texas

The symbols look asian to me. They look similar to the "double happiness" mariage symbol often seen in Chinese weddings, but not exactly the same. Korean symbols also similar. I disagree about the symbols being Mayan or Aztec. The closest central american symbols are bar/dot numbering (Mayan).

Also, which culture is more likely to wear 24k gold? 24k is commonly available in asian countries.

Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions