Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

Hello all,

Well Its about time I got back in the game. ;D Long first quarter of the season and I only found a Rosie >:( this season, till now. :D Today was a long day its about 10:00pm (EST) on May/ 9 /2008. I got home about an hour ago. :tongue3: Me and my hunting partner have been working areas in a bigger and bigger circumference from where we live. We found a nice little park today after about 2 hours of driving. :tard:

Well all day long since about 2pm(EST) I dug everything in the high VDI 80's + On my MXT. I dig nothing but clad lots of clad just in the 1965 -1967 range and about 7 wheat's. :-\ The first silver I dig is around 7 or 8pm (EST) a 1960 Rosie. :o The area still sounds off but reads as a nickle/pulltab VDI 18-22 So I say to my partner who first spotted the hit as I was hunting. I was sure it was a pulltab :icon_scratch: so I said go ahead you can dig it. It was another ROSIE! 1940's or something. :icon_scratch:

Anyway I continued to hunt the area where we found silver for about another hour. Nothing found :-\ I moved to another area that I found some wheat's in earlier. :icon_sunny: I pulled some clad and another wheat. 8) Soon after that I moved to the bottom of the area. I got a nice 94+ (50 cent hit) and out popped a nice old Solid Gold ring that weighs about an ounce at 4 inches. ;D :o :o Its bent but I don't care its easily fixable. It was kinda getting dark fast. I continued to hunt faster and managed 2 mercs before we left too. ;D :icon_king:

Moral of the story is...
I was hunting hard most the day fast and furious. :tongue3: I was finding nothing but clad. :icon_scratch: Around 5 or 6 I was getting very mad at the powers above. The universe, mother nature and God himself I was swearing and yelling to myself. :angry5: My partner already found Silver and me clad lots of signals reading silver but digging clad. :angry4: I thought nothing loved me, God himself has turned his back on me. Well he proved me wrong once again with the great finds that came later. No one... NO ONE loves you more than God so don't get Mad at him be patient and good things will come.

Sorry but I had to go there.
GOD BLESS-

Here are some Pictures,
Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• parkgold 001.jpg
    parkgold 001.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6,281
  • parkgold 002.jpg
    parkgold 002.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 6,304
  • parkgold 003.jpg
    parkgold 003.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 6,253
  • parkgold 004.jpg
    parkgold 004.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 6,224
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

Hello all,

I got a chance to weigh it and its 16.7 grams. Around a half an ounce or more. My brother did some research and I think Amorgan is right. My brother said it looks Asian and in Asia they do have lots of high karat jewelry over there. I am very happy Amorgan found the symbol now I know what it means.

Here are some more pictures,

Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• newestgold 005.jpg
    newestgold 005.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 3,511
  • newestgold 001.jpg
    newestgold 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 3,487
  • newestgold 004.jpg
    newestgold 004.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 3,467
  • newestgold 002.jpg
    newestgold 002.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 3,437
  • newestgold 003.jpg
    newestgold 003.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3,399

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A big congratz Mud Swat ... that is a nice chunky gold ring for sure and another congratz for making the banner ~ Jimmy

creolegirl

Greenie
Sep 6, 2007

WOW great find. good luck in finding out more info on it. keep up wit the good work. ;D :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread