Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome barber find :thumbsup:

I still havent found one so your doing better than me.

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have looked mighty fine comin' out of the ground!

Congrats!

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Amazingly, after thousands of old and new coins, a Barber half still eludes me. It must have a very nice feeling to have found yours. Congrats, & thanks for sharing.

Silver Fox

OP
OP
psgen

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story behind the find is almost as amazing as the find itself.
I was at a work detail for a newly formed Bass Fishing Club in my area.
After the work was finished I asked the city official, if I could detect the area we had just finished cleaning.
I was given the go ahead, but hadn't planned on doing any detecting until early next week, but
while putting some of my tools away in my car another member noticed my detector and asked "Do those things really work as good as they advertise?" I took out the detector to show him the ins and outs of my XLT. The first signal hit was a half dollar at 2 inches.......I figure it was probably a pop can which often sets my XLT off in the halves VDI reading. I dug it and it was the coin you see pictured above. I think he's convinced they are as good as advertised....and will be joining the ranks of MDers soon.

Psgen

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtg psgen,
I have yet to find one of those...she looks beautiful to me big time.. wtg :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ps isn't it a rush to find one... oh yeaaaaaaa

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOOOOO-WEEEEE, PS! :o What a find! And what a way to find it! :o I bet that old boy is going to expect when he starts hunting to make finds like that every time! :D

Absolutely stunning find! Barber half is still on my list...

Many congrats! Nana :wink:

FisherMan_1266X

Feb 18, 2008
Welcome to the ranks, my good man! I just found my fourth a week ago! Many congrats.

Attachments

• 1894half1.jpg
    1894half1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 561
  • 100_0146.jpg
    100_0146.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 590
  • 100_0148.JPG
    100_0148.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 583
  • 1894half1.jpg
    1894half1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 567

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Wow that must be awesome. I found my first barber dime today (will post pics later). I thought I was happy, I couldn't imagine what I would have done if I found a half. I bet your friend will be picking up a metal detector soon. Did you tell him it doesn't always (never) work out that easy? Any other finds at the pond?

mark43

Apr 8, 2007
Peru, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 whites m6
holy moley...awesome find..........and i didnt have to be there..........i knew you could get one on your own.....wait! that means you dont need me anymore :'(...........i'll just fade away, never to be heard from anymore...........NOT ON YOUR LIFE MISTER!!!......we will go when the time comes and hopefully i'll get to get something like that also :icon_jokercolor:......again, great find and lets see some more from that xlt of yours............ :thumbsup:..........remember, i have weds./ thurs. off this week....................................mark43.........ps: since today is my birthday(really, it is), you should wrap it up for me and leave it on my doorstep. i'll pretend i'm surprised just like a little kid would be on his birthday ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread