YELLOW COIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes I mean gold)

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Started out my day with a little fishing, looked down in the rocks and found a '59 rosie. I knew it was gonna be a good day. Finally got around to some digging, the first spot we hit gave up 9 wheaties, I was Ok with that, I'm tryin' to get to 200. Then we went to our silver spot. First hole was double wheats, about 15 minutes later I got a '46 quarter and a silver nickel about a foot apart. As I was making my way back towards the main yard, I got a weird nickel signal, I was hoping for another war nickel. But, wow,...........I mean, just, wow...... I thought silver looked cool in the dirt !!!!! I just remember kneeling there in a daze muttering, "I thought it was a nickel, I thought it was a nickel..." over and over. Then I made a wind sprint(I DO NOT run, It's against my religion) over to my wife to show it off. Even she was excited. Man-O-man, What a day !!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1st gold coin 5-8-08 01.jpg
    1st gold coin 5-8-08 01.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 5,305
  • 1st gold coin 5-8-08 02.jpg
    1st gold coin 5-8-08 02.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 5,253
Upvote 2

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way cool find!!!!Whats the date?? :thumbsup:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool. Great for you guy! Now ya gotta top that!!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes GF!!! :o :o :o Congrats on the BANNER gold find!!! That is just awesome.
By the way, my son and I will be up in Wisconsin in a few weeks for a fishing trip. Can you bring us by your hot spot? :wink: ;D
Way to go,
MM

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable...Nice Digs on the Wheaties and Silver. That Gold Round Score would have made me break out the Pick Axe and Crane to do some serious Dirt Fishing...Congrats on your finds...HH :wink:

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the banner! :thumbsup:

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's a beautiful coin, and I'm afraid I'm with some of the others who have responded ... I don't know what it is!!?? What year is it?? It looks like a commerative, but I don't know! Can you help us out with an ID of the coin for us not-in-the-know? Sorry for our ignorance. :-\ ::) :( :'( Thanks - Noodle

OP
OP
gold fish

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Engelhard(the maker of the coin) is an assayer house(I believe), according to what I've seen the "gold prospector" coins were very popular in the 1980's. The coin is a 1/10th ounce 1985 bullion coin, marked as 999 fine.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ok, it was a newer coin with fine content and features. Someone bought it as a keeper and lost it? Gosh! bummer! What is the date on it? Looks like 198? ?? Thanks for the info!! -Noodle

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And so where are the pics of the silver? ???

I'm just kiddin'! :D FISH~!!! :o You've outdone yourself! That's a super fantastic find!!! And I bet that was the official 'happy dance' you were doing!!! :D

Many congrats to you!!!! Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions