Excitement of Silver

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Went to a house that was built in 1953 with a house right next door that was built in 1911. Only got the chance so far to hunt the newer home but the lady owns both houses and we will surely hunt that one too. My buddy Don got his first good pocket spill. Five coins in all. He thought it was just junk at first with a bunch of chatter so he wanted me to check the reading with my 6000Pro. I told him there was a quarter in there somewhere. As Usual we dig pretty much all targets. He started off with a clad dime. Then got older with a wheat penny(1953). Then the glint of silver got him right in the eye. A 1944 Washington. His first silver quarter. He then got a clad quarter and a clad nickle. What a day so far. He went on to find a 1945 War Nickle.
My 9 year old daughter was with us and she was amazed by how good the silver looked compared to all the dirty wheats and clads. I told her her luck would change and she would find silver too. I was lucky enough to find a Rosie of my own. I did locate a Railway Transit Token that is in really good shape. This one was around 1923 to 1927.
My daughter then got anxious and wanted to try and swing the detector. She is short and it is really hard for her unless I shortened up the thing. I helped her as she was guided towards a small tree in the middle of the yard. It seemed like it was calling her name. I was wearing the headphones and heard a loud "Pinger". I told her to stop and pinpoint it. She did and decided to dig. She was freaked to say the least when out popped a Sterling Silver ring. Looks almost like a wedding band. I told her we would show it to the lady who owns the homes and see if she lost it. I saw her smiling face kinda droop down in hopes that the homeowner didn't lose it. I told her that if she did lose it, we will return it to the rightful owner. This is called Paying it Forward. I think she will learn from that in future hunts.
But we were not done yet. We went on to find several toy cars and to top it all off my coil struck gold! The golden Morrell Mushroom under the apple tree. We found a good 30 of them babies and had them for dinner. What a great ending to a great day of hunting with my friend and daughter....Go get silver! jgas

Attachments

• sophie\'s ring.JPG
    sophie\'s ring.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 461
  • silver railway token.JPG
    silver railway token.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 499
  • all that stuff.JPG
    all that stuff.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Another pic of the goods. That large H looking thing is from a trombone.

Attachments

• portage stuff.JPG
    portage stuff.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 491

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great variety of finds. Congrats on the silver. Hopefully your daughter gets to keep the ring. :wink:
Is that one of those oval pennies with something on it?
What year on the dog vaccine tag?
Great job. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !! Those 1sts are exciting as heck aint they? HH

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the loot :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the replies. The pressed coin is from the Chicago Expo circa 1933...The dog tag is a 1984 version. Going to call the vet to see who it belong to. HH jgas

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great finds, congrats to you and your daughter. Great lesson on the return, that smile will come back when she returns one. Good Luck!
Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread