Se going deep...silver...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well its been a while since I posted anything...thought todays hunt would be a good time to drop a post. I have been finding a lot of stuff...especially wheaties. Today the usual $4-$5 in clad but a standing liberty quarter, either a 1920, or 1930...can only make out the zero at end and another wheatie. I have been hunting alot, but this year I am enjoying sitting back and reading others finds, good for motivation. Obviously the Se has taken over for me...but the dfx does mop up every once in a while...still like having both around..

Attachments

• May 15th 08 standing liberty 1920 or 1930..jpg
    May 15th 08 standing liberty 1920 or 1930..jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,022
  • May 15th 08 standing liberty 1920 or 1930 pic 2..jpg
    May 15th 08 standing liberty 1920 or 1930 pic 2..jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,020
Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the standing quarter.

That is another one on my lists of wants and dreams of finds.

I bet there is a lot of good stuff out there especially if you are getting a lot of wheats.

Thanks for sharing.

HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds :)

HH

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
jpotter said:
Congrats on the standing quarter.

That is another one on my lists of wants and dreams of finds.

I bet there is a lot of good stuff out there especially if you are getting a lot of wheats.

Thanks for sharing.

HH

Thanks I did a little research and found this older park..... Third time I hit it this year.... It finally paid off.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuthin wrong with that But lets see some more bud! HH

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Good too hear you're enjoying yourself.....and the new machine...congrats on the quarter...have you be re-hunting last years spots..?....hope to see you pull some more old silver this year.... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
jimmy5503 said:
Nuthin wrong with that But lets see some more bud! HH

Thanks my motivation to hunt is still very strong...but I was going to post a whole bunch of finds then decided to keep it simple... Mainly been hitting wheaties, small silver, only two good rings all year... only one piece of gold.... Jewelry down from last year... Spending a lot of time learning the Se.... Today I switched from fast setting to deep and immediately hit four quarters...4 to 8 inches deep within 10 minutes.... almost in a circle...the last being the standing liberty. I still have not found the perfect settings for myself on the Se. I guess I like deep now! ;D :D :wink: Lots of people telling me to use the smartfind screen but coming from the dfx... the digital screen for now while in learning stage very easy for me to pick up...except for the gold....

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Gibbsium said:
Congrats on the SLQ Gregg. How deep was it?

Approximately 8 inches...very clear signal was coming in 00-28, 00-29 on digital. Captain Se had mentioned to me turning off the fast...finally did...but decided to try deep which i had tried before and it worked very well in this area...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Copperhead said:
Good too hear you're enjoying yourself.....and the new machine...congrats on the quarter...have you be re-hunting last years spots..?....hope to see you pull some more old silver this year.... :thumbsup:

Have pulled two silvers from spots previously hit with dfx...other stuff has been coming from a few older parks but places I have not hit till this year with the Se. I need to work on the jewelry a little more... Ran some tests than misplaced the readings.... But have a good idea where the gold is hitting...starting to get confident with the nickel hits on the se...pulled 7 from a park yesterday... When I was sure of the nickel hits on the dfx...started finding gold...so hopefuly it starts happening with se. I am putting in around 12 hours a week with se... thanks........ :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Rob66 said:
Nice finds!!!! :o

Thanks...been putting the time in...not the easiest thing switching from one detector to another... At first I kept jumping back and forth...but decided as everyone has been telling me to just learn the se now... Dfx gets about every 4-5th hunt...

S

Scots Gaelic

Nice finds, always good to hear good finds from the SE. I just found a ring that is going to pay for 4/5th of it - cant wait almost got it - wondering what the heck I have missed with my B.H.!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Great find Greg!SLQ's are hard to find and are really beautiful coins.How many silver coins have you scored this year compared to last year?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Congrats on the SLQ Gregg! That's the nice thing about the Explorer...........a quarter like that at 8" will come in nice and clear. Gregg............keep Deep turned on. I wouldn't bother with fast unless you want to intentionally clean up shallow surface stuff in a very, very trashy area. In which case I'd probably go with a smaller coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions