May 10 tornado finds

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
Last Saturday a EF-4 tornado blew past my house.It was about a quarter of a mile from my house.It killed 14 people in my county (most of them in their cars).Along with the baseball size hail in my yard I found and keep finding pieces of books,old checks,a 1964 polio vaccination card and all sorts of stuff.Its crazy I found old receipts from a feed store that was leveled about 15 miles from here and the tornado dropped them off at my house.Its amazing the power of mother nature.jeff

Attachments

• HPIM1794.JPG
    HPIM1794.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Sorry to hear about all the loss of life and property. Hopefully you will be able to return some of the lost items to their owners or family members. jgas

OP
OP
jsu

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
We had a little hail damage but nothing like what our neighbors endured.The tornado was suppose to go more north of us but it took a right turn and headed for us.I was not expecting much but I got my kids in a secure place and went outside to check it out.Then the baseball size hail started and the sound was just amazing so I went in the house to take cover too.It is really sad about the loss of life and property. It is scary how fast your life can change.Most of the people that died in newton county were in their cars and did not even see it coming.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mother nature can be a real "mother" at times -- when it hits few things can stand up to a tornados winds --glad to hear your ok and still in one piece

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread