Buncha silver bars? How did these get here?

E

Einstein

Upvote 0

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N i c e D i g s..................I'd l i k e t o s e e s o m e p i x , d i d y o u t a k e a n y y e t ?

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Cool dig.. I've dug three in a yard once in among a area of kids toys, I think they play with them?? But that many??Course they were only 3" down, somebody stashin em wooda buried em deeper doncha think?? Oh their about $7.00 a piece, so ya gotta bout $150...SWEEET keep goin and Good luk.. resurector

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!!!
Thats a lot of silver to be just lying around. What type of place did ya find them in?,, Homestead, park,,, beach...
I think silver prices are up to about $7.50 an once, so they shoud atleast be worth that much...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

F

Floater

Welcome to the Forum Einstein. UUGGGHHHH Einstein some pics would be really nice. This sounds like a great find and I don't think anyone has posted a pic of silver bars found before. Besides your first post you could be the first to post Silver bars found. Great find and were they in a yard or do you think someone took them and had to hide them quick. This is a great story and we would all like to know the area . Not state or city but a little more info so in the future we may spot something that might intrigue us all or make us more aware. Thanks for sharing. HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is a legit post we would have to have more info to speculate. Welcome anyway! JIM

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Every day the spot price of silver per ounce is in your newspaper. Most dealer charge a premium for 999 bars with designs on them and give a smaller premium when they buy them. I've seen 45 cents to 75 cent spreads. Keep that in mind when you sell. exanimo, ss

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea Right! Lets see some pictures. I have to see it to beleive it!

WTG and HH!!

Attachments

• silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 607
  • silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 616

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Excellent find !
Can someone refresh my memory ? Was it in 1980 when the Hunt brothers started the big rush on silver ? I think I am close, but I am scratchin' my head.
Kansas

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
The silver inflation was in the late 70's.. A friend of mine had a 25oz bar, and cashed it in at about peak.. I think gold was somewhere up around 750 an oz at the same time..
I think is cost the Hunt Bros. some time in the hoosegow..

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The attempt by the brothers to corner the nmarket came after the deregulation of gold. I just can't remember how far apart they was. what do you expect from an old man

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great cache find! Makes me wonder if the bars were part of a bank robbery, since they are not easily spendable, they tossed them in a field. I have a few of those little 1 oz. bars. HH, Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
im trying not to be skeptical......but i am! show us some pictures.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
..............and how about including a newspaper in the picture with the date on it...............just for validity purposes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread