Spent a whole day hunting, silver and gold!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Decided to spend a day detecting instead of an hour here and there. Packed the truck, left Early in the AM, spent 18 Bucks on gas and headed out for my destination. Love a Big city, but looking to hit the places you don't want to go alone. I only used my Ace 250, hunting tot lots and Parks. Found a total of 328 coins and four good rings and lots of junk!! Break down is

1 Prez Dollar
44 Quarters
60 Dimes
36 Nickels
184 Memorial Cents
1 Wheat Cent
1 Canada Quarter
1 Foreign coin

I also found 2 gold rings(both 10K) that were bent, but I'll take them. I found two silver rings, one broken, the other gold plated!

I have three pics, first one are the rings, second one is coins, and third are other non junk finds!~

Attachments

• 517 001.jpg
    517 001.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 772
  • 517 002.jpg
    517 002.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 775
  • 517 003.jpg
    517 003.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 768
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Sounds like you had a really productive day! Nice job on getting the silver and especially the gold! :thumbsup:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oodles of good stuff Jack. Congrats. :headbang:

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
Great finds, other than the gold rings it looks alot like the things i find at schools. Good luck in your other hunts, gold is gold so its all good to find. No gold this year for me yeat. Like to see more of your finds so keep the pics coming.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to have a day like that. :thumbsup:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

What a haul, congrats on the nice finds silver and gold sweeet! wtg :thumbsup:
Glenn

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haul??? thats a haul n a half.... dang your doing fantastic with that ace... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you cleaned up your entire town :D That's more coinage than I ever found in one day.

Nice job,
Nat

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Congrads on a very productive day. I'm interested in what the 10k rings were showing on the Ace. A solid nickel or?? Also what level of sensitivity were you running?

John

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Natman said:
Looks like you cleaned up your entire town :D That's more coinage than I ever found in one day.

Nice job,
Nat
Its the highest total for one day for me, second 300 coin day!! I think the key is digging all those memorials and tot lots only, so no dirt digging!!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
litefire56 said:
Congrads on a very productive day. I'm interested in what the 10k rings were showing on the Ace. A solid nickel or?? Also what level of sensitivity were you running?

John
I've found most of my gold this year with my Ace 250! Both of these rings hit solid like a nickel!!

twincapes

Jan 21, 2007
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 w Pro performance coil, Garrett Pro-pointer
Nice haul, I am using an Ace 250 this year also, that total makes my back hurt! I bet that marcasite ring will clean up nicely. I've found gold to ring up as solid nickel also with the Ace. It's a good sound, I'm still learning the ace, but starting to distinguish that telltale sound from bits of aluminum or folded-up foil. It is a "rounder" sound, as they say, at least for the first few inches down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread