Yesterdays finds- oh, my achin back! :-)

Apr 1, 2008
Yesterdays finds- oh, my achin' back! :-)

I hunted an old park yesterday with my F4 and decided to dig almost everything-in hopes of hitting a ring.
No rings, but lots of pulltabs! :-)
We had a rain, so the F-4 went a little deeper still.
Dig,Dig,Dig! :-)
I think I covered about a 20' x 20' area total. :o

Attachments

• turtle 006.jpg
    turtle 006.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Yesterdays finds- oh, my achin' back! :-)

Chuck,
The weather sure has been weird all over, Looks like me and you gonna have to dig em all up to find that one killer ring.... but by then, it will all be worth it.. Personally, I dont think my pulltab collection is large enough yet to qualify for a ring, although, yesterday, I did find a stunning neon green pulltab, ahhh thats my favorite and may wear it as a necklace..lol....keep on a diggin and we'll all keep on posting.. long as your having fun, eh, who cares rite, so lets all git dirty ( I mean hands n clothes ) ahhh a dirty hobby god I love it..

wtg on the clad chuck.. ;D :thumbsup:

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Hello Chuck!
You're one dedicated Dude; digging all sounds!
That's certainly the way to do it imo. One thing's certain; to find gold one must dig those God awful pulltabs. With the SE I've figured out how to avoid some of them. But, the truth is I still dig an awful lot of pulltab tongues and tongues bent over into the finger hole!

Did I tell you; I found another gold ring yesterday.
I'll post it in a little while. :)

Easy swinging Mr. Chuck!
GRB

OP
OP
C
Apr 1, 2008
Re: Yesterdays finds- oh, my achin' back! :-) = THANKS GUYS!

;D
Ya, i'm gonna make that park my project! :thumbsup:
I'm gonna dig every stinkin' pulltab there and find me some gold rings! { I HOPE! ??? }
I don't think i'll do it for quite so long next time though!
I'll do it for maybe 1 1/2 hours at a time.
3 hours is just too rough on my joints, muscles, neck, back, knees, elbows, shoulders, etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc, GET THE IDEA? :tongue3:

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I know what you mean..my back isn't getting any younger! The weird thing is, I keep coming back for more whether I ache or not!! What's wrong with us? ;D

Just curious..if you put a gold ring in the yard and swing the coil over it, does it ever show a nickel on your display? Mine does..what I thought were nickels ended up being gold on more than one occasion. Since that's happened I dig pull tabs AND nickel signals all the time!

Nat

OP
OP
C
Apr 1, 2008
Re: Yesterdays finds- oh, my achin' back! :-) =Nickels and gold rings

Well, yes, a very few gold rings will show up ID'd the same as a nickle, but not many. Most are way below a nickle- like thin woman's engagement rings, with the BIG DIAMONDS!
So, unfortunately, you have to dig everything from a half a gum wrappers' worth of aluminum foil on up to almost a penny, to get all gold rings.
I have about 40 gold rings in my collection, that i've found through the years [the other 40 I gave to my daughters & wife, and their friends.]
Having tested them all on ID meter machines, there's not much you can skip, if you want to find them all!
But, Ohhhhh the back ache! :tard:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:P I knowww how ya feel. Had that aching back yesterday. :D

Dig it all! You'll find that gold! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ouch! You're making my back ache. All that trash and no gold. Look at the bright side. After doing this for six months or so, the hour and a half will just fly by and you can then go for your three hours. :icon_sunny:

Keep swinging, and digging. The gold will come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread