Wheatie fun 1909! repost from the barber hunt

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started cleaning the wheats from the hunt i pulled the 2 barbers. The ground here is so acidic that there is no hope for wheats or copper with age. The only meathod that worked well was CLR and a q tip. I havent tumbled yet but thats comming up. Here is a before and after of the 1909

Before CLR
CIMG0579.jpg

After
MVC-004F.jpg

My so called buffalo is toast i think, if that is what it is. Here is front and back.

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-003F.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EZrider

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks guys, too bad it was rough and dug. In the red book it a key date rare wheat :'(

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still wating for my first wheety congrats :thumbsup:

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
al-nm said:
its a lye based household cleaner you can get it about any store.
Correct me if I'm wrong and you chime in also, EZ, but when you use such cleaners shouldn't you be sure to have adequate ventilation? And you shouldn't discard the cleaner into your sink, but do it outside? Or am I being overcautious?

I had friends who used to clean hundreds of cents at a time using discarded blueprint machine liquid and you needed a face mask! As bad or worse than ammonia.

OP
OP
EZrider

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed the kind i use comes from Pathmark. Its 100% biodegradable. Its called rust aid. seems to work well although you dont want to soak for only a couple of min.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread