I $#$^%@!! SEARCHED AND #*$#@*&!!! SEARCHED !!!!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I $#$^%@!! SEARCHED AND #*$#@*&!!! SEARCHED !!!!!!

I HAVE TRIED TO POST THIS 5 TIMES NOW AND ITS MAKING ME START OVER FROM SCRATCH EACH TIME IT FAILS !!!!

I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED THIS IS THE LAST TRY!!!

I SEARCHED OLD AND NEW PARKS I SEARCHED MODERN SCHOOLS AND OLD SCHOOL HOUSES. I FOUND ALL KINDS OF TRASH THEN I FOUND SOME MORE TRASH!! I FOUND SOME CLAD AND I FOUND I FOUND WHAT I THINK IS A LEAD WEIGHT. OTHERS DON'T AGREE. I FOUND SOME HOT ROCKS THAT ARE NOT COAL. I FOUND SOME OLD PULL TABS AND SOME STEEL PINS AND OTHER TRASH ITEMS.

SORRY I DON'T HAVE BETTER FINDS FOR EVERYONE OR A BETTER STORY. THE STORY HAS BEEN GETTING WORSE EACH TIME I HAVE TO REWRITE THE #*#*#^@@!! THING!!!

ANYWAY HH!!

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 792
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 792
  • 3weeks 015.jpg
    3weeks 015.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 821
  • 3weeks 008.jpg
    3weeks 008.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I $#$^%@!! SEARCHED AND #*$#@*&!!! SEARCHED !!!!!!

MORE PICS!! SEE THE GHOSTS!!

Attachments

• 3weeks 013.jpg
    3weeks 013.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 787
  • 3weeks 004.jpg
    3weeks 004.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 782

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.

"Great Expectations Can Bring Great Disappointment" I don't go out with any expectations MUD. I just go out to get away from it all and have fun. If I find something great.if I don't no big deal. It's the journey,not the destination.....

das root

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms

Best looking collection of junk i have seen all day !!!!! Hang in there mud . ;D

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't go out with great expectations also. I still get a little upset when I don't find anything good, but I don't expect to. Still using the BH...

PS: FOUND A OLD LICENCE PLATE I COULD NOT KEEP FROM 1958.

Thanks, HH!!

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 751
  • 3weeks 007.jpg
    3weeks 007.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 736
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 707

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE

Some days are diamond...Some days are stone. Hang in there. HH.

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas

What is a hot rock? I've heard people speak of them, but I just don't know what they are.
Kansas

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe

Thats dissapointed digger pic seems to sum it up for you MUD. But based on your finds I'd say you had a great day.... :P

GJ & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

??? Why didn't you get to keep the plates? ???

Nana ???

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

Mud,
It looks like a good day to me. At times I know it can be frustrating, we all do. As you gain more time in the field your finds will improve. As far as the story its fine rememebr the old saying a picture is worth a thousand words
Next week will bring a new adventure
hh
dave+bobbie

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc

Mud why no keep license plate??? as for the rest dude you had a good day.. you upset because no barbers or the such. take a poll and see how many have found certain coins. me no barbers at all and have been doing this for years.I have bracketed them, but never found a barber, nor a gold piece and I know they are there. as you use your detector more and more you will get better finds. I spent 6 months cleaning out an old payground I knew had silver, before I finally got all the shallow targets so I could find the deep silver and then in a week bam 3 rosies and 2 silver quarters.
as the man said how do you get to carnegy hall practice practice practice
you'll see

as for now you had a good hunt look at the pics decent amount of good targets and look at all the trash you do not have to deal with now

keep it up HH
Vrent

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Nice haul of clad Mud.Like the old plate.HH

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I think you just posted what we all find and don't. I admire your persistance in digging all that junk.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice haul MUD,

keep at it, you'll score big (the old stuff) one of these times!

HH

Lonewolfe

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

MUD, you're doing good. I've only been MDing since January and I have a whole box of junk iron and trash that I've dug. I haven't found anything really old yet either. All clad so far, too. But I've been having fun researching and adding to my collection of nails. Keep the faith!

vicki

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

alabamadan said:
I think you just posted what we all find and don't.? I admire your persistance in digging all that junk.
I think your absolutely right.Speaking for myself anyway,that's what most of my finds look like most of the time.That's why I don't post too often in "todays finds".Most of the time it's a little clad and a lot of junk.Every so often though,i'll find a small peice of jewelry or something unusual that's hard to identify,or a foreign coin on the beach.Most of those posts end up on the "what is it?" page.Don't despair,the more garbage you pull out of the area/s your hunting the better off you are.Sometimes" you can't see the forest because of the trees" :)(I forget who said that).In other words, once you get a lot of the garbage out of an area,you should start getting a better trash to treasure ratio.Besides i'll take a handful of clad along with a small pile of trash anyday.Keep at it,good luck and H.H.-diggummup

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon

? ? Don't give up MUD! All it takes is one good find and you'll have a whole new attitude. And you WILL make that one good find. You were only one year off with the '65 quarter.
? ? And to Kansas: A hot rock is a rock or pocket of soil that has a considerable more amount of mineral, usually iron, than the surrounding soil.

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
MORE PICS!! SEE THE GHOSTS!!
Ghosts? Are those suppose to be Orbs. I was watching Ghost Hunters on SciFi channel one day and learned all about "orbs" haha.
Anyway, keep on Hunting - you'll find something good!
And always check your pocket change it seems like my only good fines (1932 Quarter and 1895 Penny) has been out of my own pocket change! I have yet to find any silver but I too will have my day.... one day!

Keep your eyes down and that detector swinging!

Tara

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi again everyone,

Thank you all for the wonderfull posts. I can always rely on everyone here to pick me up when I am down from a stressfull dig. Oh, I did not clarify, this is not all one hunt. The finds are from a week or two of hunting. I wish I had the patience and the skills for that kind of hunt and or haul in one day.

A hot rock is a rock with some kind of metal deposit or flakes of a metal in it. The one big rock I found at a park 4 inches deep at a base of a tree. Any Ideas as to what kind of hot rock it is?

As for the license plate I could not keep, the land owner at the site wanted to keep it along with a square nail. I don't think I will ever hunt there again if he won't let me keep the stuff. ?

Where I found the 65 quarter I should go back and hunt more hu? A big tree fell down in this park that holds a signal at its base I will go back when they dig it up.

I missed two dug up streets, when I went back to hunt them they already put down the base rocks. THAT MAKES ME MAD I WANTED TO CHECK THAT OUT!!! ?SO SORRY PETE AND CREW!

It was still fun even if I walked away with mostly trash. Finding Clad helps a lot if it was not for that crap I would be a real disappointed digger. I wish I had people to go on hunts with it kinda sucks alone. Those beer cans are worth .05 right? I could get a new nickle! ?I keep my trash so I can show it off here and then recycle it !

Thanks again everyone for your great posts.

Oh and to KalamazooHunter you said a 1932 quarter that is silver is it not? You got those back in change WOW your lucky! I find 1965 Q's in change no pre 64's. Yes I am talking about Orbs and or Ghosts LOL I watched that show too.

HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 588
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 521

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread