cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats the 1st thing that popped in my head to lol. Looks like the "lord of the rings" ring

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I found a 1400 ring in ohio but it turned out to be a Hobbit Shire coin.

SKD

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Here are a couple of comparison images. These were made for the new movies. Your ring, however, could be anywhere from 1955 when the books were first published to the present.

Attachments

• lotr.jpg
    lotr.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 514
  • lotr2.jpg
    lotr2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 458

starwarsblazer

Jul 24, 2007
Portland, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
that ring is from the Lord of the Rings movies. I found one identical to it last summer in a local park. Your's looks darker than mine does though, mine has a hint of gold on it so mine is modern, your's could be older than that. Congrats on the find though!

Greg

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
You are the holder of one of nine.....I think ??? jgas Maybe Frodo is down there too. Or Samwise is lurking... ;D

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
As your picture was loading my first thought was "a tire!".
But, after seeing the complete image I must agree with my more knowledgeable friends!

Good find!
GRB

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
I have no clue to what the ring is but that is a sweet find. I would love to find a ring like that wether it is gold or not. Like the other guy said put it on and see if you disapear!! If so you can go hunting and every one will leave you alone. People will just think the gofors are out digging in their yards. You could hit some great spots that way. Best of luck and hope you find more.

OP
OP
T

TheDeenster

May 24, 2008
It's very heavy, either copper or brass, but I think it's copper. Anyway, thanks for everyone's help. Now my son wants it. lol.

-TheDeenster-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread