i pulled an all nighter / Military insignia found

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
well i had to go down to Mass. for a wake on sunday eve. and the funeral was this morning, so rather than driving back and forth i took the opportunity to go back to my old hometown and try some night hunting at my old schools and hangouts, the first one i went to was my jr. high ( i vaguely remembered the school burying a time capsule, i didn't find it :( ), i found about 4.00 in clad the oldest were a 63 and a 64 nickel. and a 64 dime

but around center field i found an old copper eagle military insignia, it's holding an olive branch and arrows in each claw it has a flag type shield on the breast and it has a circle above the head with 12 small stars in it, at first i thought it would have been for the front of a cap but it is kind of small for that, as its not even an inch and a half tall.

does anybody have any links on these types of sheilds or insignia's that i could try to compare it to ? or does it sound familiar ? i'll try to get a picture of it up on here tommorow, i've got to get the camera back from my sister.

the rest of the night was just about a complete bust, as all of the other old schools, playgrounds, and fields have been recently been remodeled and well covered over, and the only swimming area in town must have been hunted well by others ( as i only found 1 lonely nickle , they didn't even leave me a bottlecap or pulltab to find ;D )

and then just around sun up, a faint sign of redemption, i found about a dozen old bottles and a decanter that were worth saving.

also i saved my 2 best undisturbed locations for my next trip back there, when i can hunt it in the daylight and give it the attention it deserve ( they may have revolutionary war relics there ;) ).

Pat.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find/s!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Pat . Your descriptions are eloquent as usual . Great finds and sorry for the loss of your friend. Looking forward to your next hunt and post. HH

OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
well i got the camera back and took one pic before the batt. went dead :( , i'll try to post a better pic. later.

i tried to adjust the brightness and contrast on the 2nd pic.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 324
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 297
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 293
OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
thanks floater, i will miss her, she was a wonderful person with a heart of gold.

well i think i got a better picture of the medal this time, if anyone has any info on it please let me know, i havn't been able to find one like it on the web yet.

Attachments

• MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 232

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
portion of a garrison hat badge US Army. Normally fits on top of a round brass disc. Worn centered above the black bill on the round green hats. Dates based on the attachments. A screw post is pre world war two to Korea. exanimo, ss

OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
thanks for the info SS, there isn't any type of attachment on it, i guess that was on the round disc part you described, there was someting written on the banner above the eagles head but after rinsing it off, it is now illegible, i think it said e plurabus unum / ? , i guess i'll have to be more carefull when cleaning the finds :-[ ,

Pat.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Nice finds. I've gotta try night hunting sometime. Isn't there a worry of police bother you?

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the best I could do with your pic,

hope you don't mind lobsterman,

nice find!

HH

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• insig.jpg
    insig.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
DH., i wasn't so much worried about the police where i was searching, i was more worried about where i was parking, as every lot and street in town now has signs saying no parking from 1am to 7 am. , i guess there just trying to control the kids from hanging out anywhere ( it's not like it used to be ) , it's not a free country anymore :'(

LW., no i don't mind, thanks for the better pic. of it.

Pat.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lobsterman said:
( it's not like it used to be ) , it's not a free country anymore? :'(

You got that right!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread