43 Gold from my May trip

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
We left for out annual spring trip to the Med. on April the 8th and returned on May 21. We had a fairly good trip this year. I had some dental problems that cost me 7 days of hunting but I managed to pull out 43 Gold and about $800.00 in spendable coins. I hope you-all had a nice spring diggin and will look forward to some replies.

"May there always be a road"

Les

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 8,196
Upvote 1

SONICMASD

Greenie
Jan 9, 2008
PHX, AZ / LISBON, PORTUGAL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
When you say "the Med" i assume you mean the Mediterranean Sea area? My understanding is that metal detecting is illegal in almost all european nations, so i guess you've never had a problem wtih the local authorities?

great finds!

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
what a fantastic trip.....Now thats treasure hunting indeed.I bet we could learn alot from you.any pics on the coins ?

OP
OP
diggerfororo

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
SONICMASD said:
When you say "the Med" i assume you mean the Mediterranean Sea area? My understanding is that metal detecting is illegal in almost all european nations, so i guess you've never had a problem wtih the local authorities?

great finds!

You are correct on the location and I usually check with the local policia in each area befor I do any hunting. Most places will alow water hunting but no land hunting.

Les

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggerfororo said:
We left for out annual spring trip to the Med. on April the 8th and returned on May 21. We had a fairly good trip this year. I had some dental problems that cost me 7 days of hunting but I managed to pull out 43 Gold and about $800.00 in spendable coins. I hope you-all had a nice spring diggin and will look forward to some replies.

Les

Really beautiful - any chance I can tag along next time? I can diet enough to fit in a suitcase if need be :P

Seriously - excellent finds! Just out of curiosity, are most of the gold rings you find there 18K? I would tend to think you'd have much better odds of finding 18K+ there than in the US.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You win. I have never seen anything like that one my vacations. Image what the other 7 days would have produced. Cash that stuff in and go back. You are building your own reasure chest.

SKD

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
madmacabre said:
*takes the lords name in vain a million times* wonderful finds :o

would you mind telling me what you mean by that post of yours, as I re read it and see nothing about God in it, so what exactly do you mean here as I am very curious ?

Those are some fantastic finds, you certainly have it downpat...so when do you wanna start to give lessons on the east coast? boy, your doing and living the dream we all have. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, Les, that is just amazing!!! $800 in spendable coins??? It would take a lifetime for some to find that many gold and coinage!!

What was your detector of choice in the water?

Sorry to hear about your dental problems, but that gold looks fantastic!!

Congrats on an awesome trip!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austinjoe said:
Bravo. I have a chance to go to Sicily, to the coasts. Any thoughts from anyone on metal detecting in La bella Sicilia?

I just sent you an email. I was stationed in Sicily in the late 80's and detected the beaches in Scoglitti, Taormina and Cefalu. I also did some inland detecting. Bryan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Goodness gracious! I'm about to faint looking at that picture! :D Seems like you must have been the only hunter there!.... EVER! :D

Stunning finds! Many congrats!!

Nana :)

OP
OP
diggerfororo

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Cubfan64 said:
diggerfororo said:

Les

Really beautiful - any chance I can tag along next time? I can diet enough to fit in a suitcase if need be :P

Seriously - excellent finds! Just out of curiosity, are most of the gold rings you find there 18K? I would tend to think you'd have much better odds of finding 18K+ there than in the US.

40 of the pieces were 18k 2 - 14k 1 - 9k

Les

OP
OP
diggerfororo

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Captn_SE said:
Wow, Les, that is just amazing!!! $800 in spendable coins??? It would take a lifetime for some to find that many gold and coinage!!

What was your detector of choice in the water?

Sorry to hear about your dental problems, but that gold looks fantastic!!

Congrats on an awesome trip!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks for the comments, Captn. I use a CZ20 and a pulse. I didn't use the pulse much, as the iron was really bad for some reason. The coin count was down about 20 percent this time as some of the better beaches were sanded in pretty bad. The 1 and 2 euro coins really jack up the dollar amount as it now takes a buck 50 to equal a euro.

Les

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread