Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off I apologize for not being too active here on TN lately. Now I know what Mirage (Bob) means by having too much going on.
Our son just graduated from high school yesterday with honors, so we are very proud of him. Next week it's our father & son fishing trip in Northern Wisconsin before he starts college.
Anyways, my finds have been very minimal this last week since I only hit the plantation property at lunch, and only the open areas that I've hit over & over. I need to find a new spot soon. :wink:
Here's a few finds from this week:
*A 3-ringer bullet.
*A lead piece that looks like it started life as a bullet. Any ideas?
*A toe plate cover tap thingy.
*A Wm. Rogers spoon.
*A piece of a bracelet that looks like it may say "Lola" on it. What do you think?
*Two 1800's buttons. The larger one does have a design on the front.

See I told you my finds were minimal. ;D :wink:
I hope you all had a great weekend,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-151S.JPG
    MVC-151S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 592
  • MVC-152S.JPG
    MVC-152S.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 605
  • MVC-153S.JPG
    MVC-153S.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 599
  • MVC-154S.JPG
    MVC-154S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 591
  • MVC-155S.JPG
    MVC-155S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 595
  • MVC-157S.JPG
    MVC-157S.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 486
  • MVC-156S.JPG
    MVC-156S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"a toe plate cover tap thingy" ;D ;D :wink:....I love it Doug.I'm glad you got out buddy,nice find's!Congrat's to your Son and I hope you two have a blast up north on the fishing trip,wish I could join ya.Have a safe trip and stock up on the walleye fillet's for the grill.Congrat's and HH!!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
"a toe plate cover tap thingy" ;D ;D :wink:....I love it Doug.I'm glad you got out buddy,nice find's!Congrat's to your Son and I hope you two have a blast up north on the fishing trip,wish I could join ya.Have a safe trip and stock up on the walleye fillet's for the grill.Congrat's and HH!!

Thanks Buddy.
I'm leaving the detector at home, so all of my time will be spent with him fishing. :thumbsup:
I can almost feel those Walleye tugging. :wink:
-Doug-

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds MM ! i know what you mean buy too much going on I've got the same going on here ;D glad you got out and loved the finds congrats :thumbsup:

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Doug, I like the buttons and three ringers! That site has yielded you some great artifacts during your detecting excursions.

It is good to hear that your son is an Honors student...and the son of a great treasure hunter and father! :thumbsup: The quality time that you will be spending with your son will be remembered by him forever!

Keep that fever higher than ever, my good buddy!

Kyle

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that you have a carved Thompson Cleaner bullet. The small hole on the bottom is where the other part of the bullet fits in, like the piece you found a while back that we ID'ed as the bottom of a Thompson Cleaner bullet. Take care, Bryan in Wilson (soon to be Goldsboro again)

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Doug, I like the buttons and three ringers! That site has yielded you some great artifacts during your detecting excursions.

It is good to hear that your son is an Honors student...and the son of a great treasure hunter and father! :thumbsup: The quality time that you will be spending with your son will be remembered by him forever!

Keep that fever higher than ever, my good buddy!

Kyle

Thank you Kyle. Very much appreciated. As long as he doesn't show his old man up in fishing next week. ;D :wink:
Have a great week,
Doug

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bongo1962 said:
WTG Dad, It takes some serious effort to raise such a fine son in this day and age. Bongo

Thanks Bongo. He got his smarts from my wife, and his fishing skills from me. :tongue3: ;D
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddy Waters said:
I believe that you have a carved Thompson Cleaner bullet. The small hole on the bottom is where the other part of the bullet fits in, like the piece you found a while back that we ID'ed as the bottom of a Thompson Cleaner bullet. Take care, Bryan in Wilson (soon to be Goldsboro again)

Thanks Bryan. I was hoping it was a bullet. :thumbsup:
-MM-

christ-first

Mar 20, 2008
Sweet Home Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
cool finds. i remember spending just about every weekend with my dad fishing in his pond or at the local lake. i cherish those memories.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Doug,
Party time for Mike. Am I invited to the graduation party? ;D Nate is "officially" done but does not graduate until next Sunday. This week has been Rachel's final singing performance, The awards (academic) night for seniors, then the sports awards night, and then finally the Southwestern Conference district meet. ::)
Now that Nate is done with this stuff all I need to do is get the work thing out of the way....

Walleye fishing - I thought I read that the spring Professional Walleye Tournament on Lake Erie broke an all time tournament record. I thought it was a crazy - 8 to 10 lb fish average. I just saw a report out of Lorain that they are killing 'em there. Hard choices...detecting or fishing... ;D

Man, I wish I could dig up a civil war bullets like you....

Have a great time fishing with Mike.

Bob

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caryl said:
Very nice! and it's Iola.

Great fishing :)

Caryl,
Thanks so much for that info. That makes more sense than Lola. ;D :wink:
I'll ask the owners if they know an Iola.
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
I see charcoal and rust adhering to your carved bullet. It might be a .52 Sharps?
I would go dig into that particular spot a little more, and see if there is more charcoal and iron. You would be surprised what kinds of signals those things can hide.
There may even be a trash pit.
I like the bracelet too. Man, O', man, how I would love to date a girl named Lola!

Plehbah,
Thanks so much for the reply. Man, you have a sharp eye. (no pun intended)
Funny you mentioned it, because I did find that bullet in a trashy area. I'll check it out more thorough next time out.
As far as Lola, you may have to settle for her sister Iola. ;D :wink:
Thanks again,
MM

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Doug,
Party time for Mike. Am I invited to the graduation party? ;D Nate is "officially" done but does not graduate until next Sunday. This week has been Rachel's final singing performance, The awards (academic) night for seniors, then the sports awards night, and then finally the Southwestern Conference district meet. ::)
Now that Nate is done with this stuff all I need to do is get the work thing out of the way....

Man, I wish I could dig up a civil war bullets like you....
Have a great time fishing with Mike.
Bob

Bob,
Of course you are invited, we needed someone to dance with grandma. :o ;D
I found that 3-ringer in the pasture where you found your reale. It is really overgrown now since the horses are gone. I was working a small patch that still had some short growth and found it there. That makes three now around that same area. I'm still hoping you missed a reale. :wink:
Have a great week.
-Doug-

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Doug, and congratulations to your son..I attended my nephew's graduation on Saturday..seems like he was just born yesterday and now he's all grown up.

Hope you have lots of fun on your trip!

Nat

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Sweet finds mm congrat's on your sons graduation,and good luck on your upcoming fishing trip....take care and hh rh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread