Memorial week Hunt, Silver, Indians and Arrows and a Silver 3 Cent Piece!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Gary, my hunting partner and I got out this past week, we hunted till I thought we were gonna fall over from exhaustion. I think we had a pretty good week. For awhile I thought Gary was gonna snow me again, but my new Fisher F75 came through with flying colors.

Gary found 12 wheat's, one sort of gold ring, a watch fob,not sure what it is, 3 Mercury dimes, 1916, 1927 S and a 1943. He also found a 1898 Barber Quarter and a 1925 Standing Liberty Quarter, a part of a fork, part of a gold necklace, a American Tourister Luggage key and a 1888 Indian Head penny. Now that's an Awesome week.

I found 2 IH's 1888 and 1896 and a really not so sweet looking Silver Three cent piece. It is really worn and the date is 185?, no mint mark. But it sure was a nice find, worn or not. I also found some arrow heads, a stone game ball, a pit stone, used for cracking nuts and a Mule shoe.

Hope you all had a Great Memorial week, I know Gary and I did.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Gary\'s finds.jpg
    Gary\'s finds.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,234
  • Mule shoe and coins.jpg
    Mule shoe and coins.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,211
  • game ball and arrowheads.jpg
    game ball and arrowheads.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,220
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Buzzard King said:
WOW, what a hunt!

Thanks Buzzard, I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can go hunting some more, arrowheads should show
up pretty good after the rain stops.

HH, Ringfinder

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barber, Standing, AND a 3-Cent piece? Amazing! Just one of those, or the arrowheads would have caused me to do the dance! Simply amazing!
Carl

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Wow, looks like you had a great hunt!
HH
Baggins

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
That's a great hunt - great variety of items! Thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barber Quarter, S. L. Quarter, three center, all in the same hunt. Thats awesome. It takes some people years to make such finds...if at all. Congrtas :thumbsup: :o

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great hunt in a great hunting spot..WTG :thumbsup:

Nat

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me I would die to find a 3 cent no matter what condition.

Awesome hunting !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well Gary might have done a little better but I think you held your own. :thumbsup: That 3 cent piece looks nice to me. I need one of those in my collection!

Bob

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
curbdiggercarl57 said:
Barber, Standing, AND a 3-Cent piece? Amazing! Just one of those, or the arrowheads would have caused me to do the dance! Simply amazing!
Carl

Thanks Carl, it was a good week of hunting. I'm always looking at the ground, hoping to pick up a button or
maybe an arrowhead. Gary was digging a hole and got a IH and also an arrowhead he was kneeling on. He has more luck, lol.
Mirage said:
Well Gary might have done a little better but I think you held your own. :thumbsup: That 3 cent piece looks nice to me. I need one of those in my collection!

Bob

Thanks Bob, I am getting a little better with my Fisher F-75, just takes some getting used to. But Gary sure makes it hard to hunt with when he keeps using that ACE 250. I always have mine handy, LOL

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Are you kidding me I would die to find a 3 cent no matter what condition.

Awesome hunting !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Thanks Mud, it is a good addition to my collection also. I couldn't believe it when I pulled that small coin out
of the ground. I wasn't sure what it was. Thanks Again for your reply.

Happy Harry said:
Sterling finds! Sure makes my 6 memorial pennies 1 clad quarter and one clad dime. look puny!

HHHH

Keep at it Harry, my partner uses a ACE 250 also and does very, very well with it, I also have one and my first year
I dug over 4000 clad coins with it and plenty of silver and a 6 pound cannonball. The ACE is an Awesome detector!
I'm just using a Fisher F-75 so I can hunt in Va. in the bad soil they have down there.

Evolution said:
Barber Quarter, S. L. Quarter, three center, all in the same hunt. That's awesome. It takes some people years to make such finds...if at all. Congrtas :thumbsup: :o

Gary and I actually found all this stuff in a weeks time. We didn't find it all in one day. But we also found a ton of junk targets I forgot to show. You gotta dig the junk to find the good stuff.

HH to all, Thanks Again for all your replies, Ringfinder

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a couple more pictures of the 3 cent piece.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• front of 3 center.jpg
    front of 3 center.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 884
  • Back of 3 center.jpg
    Back of 3 center.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 877

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio