Memorial Day Hunt

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
Haven't been able to get out much the last couple of weeks, my wife has been going through a bout of kidney stones, so lots of time sitting in the hospital, or taking care of the dynamic duo, the schnauzer kids.

Yesterday it was in the 60's, sunny, and both the dogs and I were in need of some outside time, so we loaded up and went to our old standby honey hole in Canada. The dogs ran until they were wore out, and I swung my detector until I was wore out, but managed some finds:

One-$2 coin (twooney), 1-$1 coin (looney), 6 quarters, 2 of them American, 9 dimes (2 of which were silver, a 1947 & and 1959), 2 nickels, 10 Canadian pennies, one of them a 1944, and two wheaties, a 1931D and a 1947D. The schnuazer kids also got to see the great horned owl that's still sitting on her nest, and the male found some fresh cow patty to roll in, so he was happy, me, not so much, and the female picked up 2 ticks. A fun day for the 3 off us, and a great way to spend a nice spring day in NE Montana/Southern Sask.

To my fellow vets, I hope you had a pleasant Memorial Day, and I know I gave some prayer to those who didn't make it home, take care...

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your wife gets well soon. Sounds like a good hunt but we need pictures.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread