Couple hunts I neglected to post

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Gang,

Didn't want to bore you with my not so profitable hunts but in looking back at them I guess they weren't so bad.

On the 18th (my sister's birthday) my wife was babysitting for our grandson so I decided to hit three schools that I haven't been to yet this year. One is a Christian school and I found a nice silver prayer necklace there last year so it has some potential for more treasure. And gosh oh gee! I was correct. A tiny silver ring was my reward. I always feel a little bad for the kid that lost the stuff...but that passes in seconds! Ha Ha. :tongue3: Here is the pics of the trinkets...didn't scan the $5.54 in clad which was composed of: 12 quarters, 18 dimes, 7 nickels, and 39 pennies (10 of which were copper, 29 zinc).

5-18 finds.jpg
5-18a finds.jpg

Whoops, here is another hunt that I didn't post. I didn't scan the clad or the trinkets from this one (getting lazy in my old age). Five parks. $6.37 composed of: 8 quarters, 25 dimes, 22 nickels and 77 pennies (15 of which were copper). In those coins were a 1941 nickel, a 61D nickel and two wheats (44 & 53). Found my second dog whistle...funny thing...I blow on it & don't hear anything! :tard: :tongue3: Oh, and a little strawberry pendant which my wife just loves (so of course she now has it). This was on the 21st.

Now, the other hunt was on the 26th. Hit some city school tot lots (the parks were filled with people). Take for the day...$7.20 composed of: 11 quarters, 23 dimes, 17 nickels and 130 freakin pennies (36 of which were copper). Four of the nickels were pre 64: 55D, 58, 63, & 64D. Found four fake rings too. So far this year I'm up to 21 rings (only 2 gold & 2 silver, the rest junk).

5-26 finds.jpg
5-26a finds.jpg

Today I went to town to pick up some movies & hit two local tot lots for about an hour & only found $1.66. I ain't scanning that!

Thanks for looking everyone!

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prober, your cleaning house on the clad, told ya you would beat me.. and doing mighty fine in the trinkets department yet, hey, I found a lil pink bear but I didnt post it... does that count? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bootybay said:
Prober, your cleaning house on the clad, told ya you would beat me.. and doing mighty fine in the trinkets department yet, hey, I found a lil pink bear but I didnt post it... does that count? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Rae; I always appreciate your comments! Now that you have the M6 back your finds should pick up. Get out there & dig em up!

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
GoldenRoyBoy said:
Hello Mr. Prober!
I say; "Post those finds more often!" :)

Great job! Those are nice pendants for sure and the coinage is always grand!

GRB

Thanks GRB, you are too kind! All these trinkets will be available at our yard sale in a couple weeks! ::)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prober,

Those are some nice finds...love that sweet little ring.

:wink: RR

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure do find lots of costume jewelry and such. I don't think I found that much in 4 years, nice work!

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
River Rat said:
Prober,

Those are some nice finds...love that sweet little ring.

:wink: RR

Thanks Rat...my best friend from high school was named Rat (his real name wasn't Rat, that's just what we called him).

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Looks Like you Did Not Neglect to find some WAY COOL stuff... :thumbsup:

Rock On with your Bad Self Prober...ROCK ON... :headbang:

Nick

Hey Nick, your new avatar is one ugly mother! (I'm hoping that it isn't your real picture) :tard: :tongue3:

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
You sure do find lots of costume jewelry and such. I don't think I found that much in 4 years, nice work!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Hey Mud, thanks. Ithaca...I was born in Amsterdam.

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
waltripcrew said:
nice finds, just being out for awhile does the soul good. HH Jeff

I agree. I can't seem to leave the house without searching for someplace to detect, even places I know I'm not going to find much if anything...just have to swing that coil!

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
vthepresident said:
Your avatar is crazy creepy. That thing is going to land you on some government list.

Sorry it creeps you out. Actually it is blinking a lot faster than its supposed to, I think its broke. ;D

Metal Head

May 2, 2008
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 , Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Explorer SE
Nice stuff! Your "not to bad digs" look like my top finds!

HH

P.S. "Ill be back" ......with some more loot that is!

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Metal Head said:
Nice stuff! Your "not to bad digs" look like my top finds!

HH

P.S. "Ill be back" ......with some more loot that is!

Did you read my other two posts? Spousal Units first Hunt and 349 coins today? They were actually more fun than this one.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Nice finds on those forgotton hunts! I am trying to get the pm's out to all the michigan folks for our hunt on the 21st, glad to here your gonna make it! I am also working on some "Extra" spots that should produce some serious old finds!Keep up the good work

HH
Slipperyjack

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Slipperyjack47 said:
Nice finds on those forgotton hunts! I am trying to get the pm's out to all the michigan folks for our hunt on the 21st, glad to here your gonna make it! I am also working on some "Extra" spots that should produce some serious old finds!Keep up the good work

HH
Slipperyjack

Good idea on the extra spots; never can tell if you will need them or not. Wouldn't want to get totally skunked. Looking forward to it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread