May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We spent 3 hours (6 man hours) in prefect conditions. The recent rain had sunk in but todays sun had dried the grass.

Before we started I said to Cru'dad that I would be happy if we found a decent button today, as times are hard. First run Cru'dad got a complete Victorian Military Button. Its a new type for the collection 8) (still need to ID it), later he got a complete Dandy Button. So I was happy, see its not all Roman Silver in the UK :wink:

Of interest;
Part of a Georgian or earlier spur
1860 halfpenny
Scrappy roman coin
1780s Dandy button
Unknown 19th century Military button

Only 1 day until we complete this field.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 431
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 430
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 425
Upvote 0

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Sweet buttons, you and your dad must have an incredible collection. I love the fact that you and your father hunt together. My 15 year old son likes to go with me, but it is usually to newer parks that are close by. newer to me is the 1980's, I know newer to you is the last 400 years :wink: hopefully day 8 gives you a special find as a parting gift.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crusader interesting Victorian Button The scolled letters are what ???? Is the first letter a G, A ,P, or N if so ,could be a Colony Blue Coat and not a red coat lol

tinpan

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Hello Crusader, How's the back, at least you found a pound coin. Woke up this morning feeling like the tin man, pre. oiling.

HH Robert.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
Hello Crusader, How's the back, at least you found a pound coin. Woke up this morning feeling like the tin man, pre. oiling.

HH Robert.

LOL Rob or is it Yorkshire pudding in morning. Here a few examples of colonial buttons that are very like red coat regiments.Theres more than 200 types and none where made in large numbers and more than half where silver.If i look around hard enough 2 bets i will find one almost the same. :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:.Even us dumb colonial figured red colour coats makes for easy targets.Most colonial forces had grey or blue from the start and yet it took you lot till 1900 to figure it out. snicker snicker :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

tinpan If you ever read the story of the Rupertsford Light-Horse Regiment you clearly see that Queen Victoria thought more highly of colonials than commoners eheheheheehh

Attachments

• 28-4.jpg
    28-4.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 28-3.jpg
    28-3.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 28-1.jpg
    28-1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 27-4.jpg
    27-4.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 18-3.jpg
    18-3.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 206
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinpan said:
robfinds said:

HH Robert.

LOL Rob or is it Yorkshire pudding in morning. Here a few examples of colonial buttons that are very like red coat regiments.Theres more than 200 types and none where made in large numbers and more than half where silver.If i look around hard enough 2 bets i will find one almost the same. :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:.Even us dumb colonial figured red colour coats makes for easy targets.Most colonial forces had grey or blue from the start and yet it took you lot till 1900 to figure it out. snicker snicker :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

tinpan If you ever read the story of the Rupertsford Light-Horse Regiment you clearly see that Queen Victoria thought more highly of colonials than commoners eheheheheehh

Some of the British Reg. of foot were wearing green coats in the late 18th century.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ramitt said:
I thought Green was the color of Riflemens coats.

either way its pre 1900

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread