Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visited my old highschool again today and found this old earring outside the auditorium.? Probably hauled in with fill dirt.? Made of copper base, chrome plated metal and brass center.? Appears fairly old and probably homemade.? I thought it was kind of interesting.? Found lots of clad also but not worthy of photographing, about $4.00 worth mostly quarters and dimes.? I have about stopped digging pennies but this earring showed up as a copper penny and that's why I dug it.? ?JIM
Oh and I forgot to tell you........I met a guy who works for the school and he told me where an old trash dump was located that the school use to use back prior to WWII. I'll check that out first chance I get!

Attachments

• DSC00129.jpg
    DSC00129.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Interesting piece, Jimmi
Good luck with the trash dump!!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a neat find Jimmi!.....are you sure it's a ear ring? Looks like it might be a bit heavy...no matter...it's a neat find!

Nana ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find Jim,

keep us updated with the old dump finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have quit digging pennies at this site because there is one about every foot and I had much rather dig quarters. In the heat digging pennies wears me out fast! It has an earing clip on the back of it so.....it is heavy! It fell apart when I took it out of the hole but a little contact cement put things back like it was when I first saw it. JIM

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I'm glad I dug it but what am I going to do with all this treasure (read junk) that I am collecting in a coffee can? Seems like ever detectorist I have met has a ton of it and it just keeps multiplying. I'm afraid someday it might revolt, come to life and conquer the world! Every now and then I go through it and cull a few items to throw away but I turn around a week later and add more to the pile! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread