Todays Hunting

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
Today's Hunting

I found a dime this morning, and a lot of junk. I wasted alot of time in one spot. I was detecting in a sand box, and some wise guy thought it would be a good idea to put wire mesh down under the sand in a few spots. It threw me off untill i saw what it was that was comming up "silver" I had fun though. I was excited to find the dime. Im getting better at this I think. Hope you all had and have a good day hunting. Brad

Attachments

• finds6-15-05.jpg
    finds6-15-05.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 0

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
Re: Today's Hunting

HEY BRAD!!!!! YOU DID 10 TIMES BETTER THEN YOUR LAST POST ;D LOL!!!! WHAT KIND OF MACHINE ARE YOU USING, AND HOW DO YOU SET IT UP FOR WHAT YOUR DIGGIN? I LOVE LOOKIN AT YOUR POST BECAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE A REALLY SINCERE GUY AND A LOT OF FUN. IVE BEEN HUNTIN FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND 4 MONTHS AND IM GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARE THE BEST. KEEP DIGGIN AND LEARNING BECAUSE YOU WILL!!!!!!!!! GET BETTER AS TIME GOES ON. HH THE ROOSTER.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

The having fun part is whats important... WTG!!!
Hope ya have better luck next time... A good spot is hard to find, but I'm sure there's one around ya somewhere...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

Good job....like they say, don't get discouraged as long as you had fun that's what counts, you know that parks and schools will always replenish themselves due to use, so you can go back next day sometimes and find stuff that wasn't there the day before....

HH
Springsman

OP
OP
KIXLSYD

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA

Rooster said:
HEY BRAD!!!!! YOU DID 10 TIMES BETTER THEN YOUR LAST POST ;D? LOL!!!!? ?WHAT KIND OF MACHINE ARE YOU USING, AND HOW DO YOU SET IT UP FOR WHAT YOUR DIGGIN?? I LOVE LOOKIN AT YOUR POST BECAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE A REALLY SINCERE GUY AND A LOT OF FUN.? IVE BEEN HUNTIN FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND 4 MONTHS AND IM GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARE THE BEST.? KEEP DIGGIN AND LEARNING BECAUSE YOU WILL!!!!!!!!! GET BETTER AS TIME GOES ON. HH? THE ROOSTER.

Thanks for the compliment Rooster. I have a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II. When i use it I turn the sensitivity up to about 3/4 and I put the discriminator on All Metals. Iv tried it a few different ways. I think i might have the sensitivity too high sometimes, but im afraid to miss anything, so i tent to keep it up high. Thanks again, I like to read your posts too. Keep in touch. Where are you from? Tacoma,WA here. Brad

I need to find a nice sweet spot. Im still looking for it! Brad

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi I have a bounty hunter QD2 (Quick Draw 2) I think its a great machine once you learn how to use it.

I use it on coin mode first and find all the coins I can in an area. Then I turn the Disc. down to about 11:00 or 10:00 and search for jewelry. I hate digging trash so I usually keep some Disc. on.

I have found an Old bank Token, A 1911 wheat, A 1865 two cent piece, and a .925 silver ear clip with my trusty BH QD2! Oh and plenty of trash to boot.

So keep it up and HH!!

PS: READ AND REREAD YOUR MANUAL!!

Attachments

• BountyHunterQuickDraw2.gif
    BountyHunterQuickDraw2.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 224
  • BountyHunterQuickDraw2.gif
    BountyHunterQuickDraw2.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 216

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75

Here's the setting I use most of the time. You will still get tartgets in the nickle/gold range but not quite as much trash. In sand and mulch areas I turn the disc. down even further and dig all signals.

Good luck and get yourself a 4" coil if you don't have one yet.

Attachments

• index.JPG
    index.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
KIXLSYD

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA

thanks alot bmanofnb and MudS.W.A.T. I'll try those settings tomorrow, or maybe tonight if I go out. What is so good about a 4" coil? I'll get one if it is alot better. Im just curious. Does it close in on targets more? Thanks again for the help. I hope I can post more then a dime next time :) Thanks again, Brad

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75

KIXLSYD said:
What is so good about a 4" coil? I'll get one if it is alot better. Im just curious. Does it close in on targets more??

The 4" coil is really good at seperating trash from coins if they are close together. It also helps you to pinpoint much easier so you dig smaller holes or even pop the coins out with a screwedriver (after some practice)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread