5 Dollar gold piece

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Congrats! You don't give yourself enough credit. It is a great find! I've just started back up detecting so I look forward to finding something like that or even remotely close! Great work and get a pic of your find if you can.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of COURSE it was a "nice find." Can't wait to see the photos.

-BB

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
OUTSTANDING........Where did you find these? A gold coin is VERY nice to find. And older coins too. Congratulations HH Gayle

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think sometimes when one is asked where he found something on this forum he tends to think someone else may be interested in poaching his hunting grounds. But I have found that perhaps the state and a brief description of the place and circumstances will suffice. For instance I found a gold ring in Tulsa, Ok in a well "hunted out" park. It was at 2" and came in bouncing between the nickel and pull tab icons on my GTI 2500. That is usually the kind of description that will satisfy nearly everyone. So, jeremeysmom, please tell us the story behind your find. Finding a gold coin is probqbly every detectorists dream and is seldom achieved by many. To we amateurs it is a real accomplishent and one to envy. Monty

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Awesome! Keep us up to date!

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, all of those are coins that every treasure hunter dreams of finding, I can't imagine finding several rare coins in one day from one place, sounds exciting. Please post some photos of your finds, we are all very interested in seeing them.

Congrats

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
That 5 dollar gold coin is a beauty! :D Seriously, pics!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

We, here at Tnet, love to see a picture! :thumbsup:

Thanks for joining the forum and keep searching for those 5 dollar gold readings! :thumbsup:

Kirk :thumbsup: :coffee2:

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I think sometimes when one is asked where he found something on this forum he tends to think someone else may be interested in poaching his hunting grounds. But I have found that perhaps the state and a brief description of the place and circumstances will suffice. For instance I found a gold ring in Tulsa, Ok in a well "hunted out" park. It was at 2" and came in bouncing between the nickel and pull tab icons on my GTI 2500. That is usually the kind of description that will satisfy nearly everyone. So, jeremeysmom, please tell us the story behind your find. Finding a gold coin is probqbly every detectorists dream and is seldom achieved by many. To we amateurs it is a real accomplishent and one to envy. Monty

I agree 100%.

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
I was not aware that they made 3 cent pieces, 2 cent pieces,or large cents in 1899. Anyway lets see some pics.WTG

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Monty said:

I agree with Monty. A brief description would be nice. We do not want to horn in on your hunting grounds ( at least I do not LOL), we just want a brief description of where you came up with such a nice find. Such as ' found at an older home that I had permission to hunt' or while hunting at an old swimming hole, etc...

Very nice find. Cant wait to see the pic. ;D

Ray S

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
jsu said:
I was not aware that they made 3 cent pieces, 2 cent pieces,or large cents in 1899. Anyway lets see some pics.WTG

The coins ranged in dates from 1844 to 1899. I don't think she meant that the two-cent or three-cent pieces had dates of 1899. :thumbsup:

Here I go again...I would love to see at least one pic, ma'am. :thumbsup:

Kyle

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics!!!!!! got to have pics! Any or all of those finds are spectacular! I repeat, pics!
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread