TWICE IN A LIFETIME FIND...8 REALE!!!!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This in one of those "I was on my way back to the car" finds!! I decided to duck out of work a little early today and hit a field nearby where I had recently obtained permission. There was really nothing to lead me to believe that something was there but it looked like a good area. I had hunted for a couple hours with only a single musketball to show for it. There wasn't a lot of trash on the site so I wasn't really digging much either. I decided I was going to head back to the car and try another field which had just been cut (very early hay crop). I was on my way back to the car when I got a 92 on the F75. I swung by the hole a couple times and it stayed on a steady 92...never had a 92 before...I thought it must be a can or something...same thing I thought the last time I dug A FRIGGING 8 REALE!!!!

I popped the plug and there it was! I knew what it was instantly! I did not have my camera with me but I did have my cell phone so I snapped a couple quick insitus with the camera phone and a quick movie on the way home in the car. I kept the caked on dirt on the coin until I got home because I didn't want to risk scratching it.

A Mexico mint 1774 8 reale...without a huge distracting scar like the last 8 reale I dug! I was so excited on the field that I tried calling Mel, Andy and Iron Patch but I could not connect through 411 and I didn't have a pen to write down the numbers...I actually tried remembering the numbers but I couldn't concentrate...just too excited. I know I should have stayed and continued on with the field but when I am this stoked I can't concentrate on anything. Plus I want to keep it pure for a couple fellow detectorists...there are several who will be getting the invite...

Attachments

• 8realedirt.jpg
    8realedirt.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5,371
  • 8realedirt2.jpg
    8realedirt2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,374
  • 8reale.jpg
    8reale.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5,333
  • 8reale2.jpg
    8reale2.jpg