my first post and my best find

G

groundfishin

Hello all, my first post. I started detecting 3 months ago and I am totally addicted. When I'm not out swinging, I am researching local history and Plats. I have made some nice finds on every hunt (which is every morning at dawn till about noon). I never come home empty handed. So far I have a 1837 large cent, 10 mercury dimes, 1 barber dime, about 30 wheaties, a dozen silver nickles, 6 silver rosies, 3 sterling silver rings, a civil war bullet(there were 2 civil war camps here in town, a civil war button, lots of clad, and quite a few old artifacts. But the coin I am most proud of is an 1863 Civil War Token found at one of the local lakes. I researched it and it is a Indiana Primitive in VF condition. There are only 5 to 9 known to exist. The scan didn't come out too good, sorry. By the way I use a White's XLT. Will post more pics of my other coins soon.

Attachments

• 1863-CW-Token-obverse.jpg
    1863-CW-Token-obverse.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 500
  • 1863-CW-Token-reverse.jpg
    1863-CW-Token-reverse.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 508
Upvote 0

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Welcome fellow XLT user. It must be awesome to detect as much as you do. You have some fantastic finds there and you must be anxious to go our and find more. Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around.

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome finds!!! :o ?Welcome................ and can't wait to see the other coins!!!! ?:)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nana ?;)

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
Good job there my hard hittin metal detecting brother. it seems like you are really on fire there. good job. Brad

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youre on FIRE!! great finds !keep posting!HH

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Thats amazing, that tokel has to be worth thousands of dollars, u are 2 lucky, well id say that u dont need luck, u just reaseach! HH CS

Dirty Knees McGee

May 5, 2005
Sunny Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ 6.5x9, 9x12, & EXcelerator 10x14 DD coils
Wow!!! Congratulations is in order for you!!! Great token. Happy Hunting Groundfishing. :)

P.S. I think I finally hit my 50th post

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!!!
You are off to one heck of a great start, WTG!!!
That is totally awesome. I live hear in Indy, and I've never heard of this type of coin/token, lol, there are a lot of things I've never heard of, but you get the picture. Very cool...

Have you found any other info about it? I'll have to do a search now, see what I can find out,, very interesting.
Good luck, as if ya need it... ;D & Happy hunting~

cableman79

May 17, 2005
Mobile, Alabama
I also have an XLT; I've had it for a while but seldom use it. I am trying to make the time and I could use some tips on the operation of it. Any tips? Great finds by the way!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy, Groundfishing, you sure hit the ground running! Congratulations on all your finds. Show us the pictures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions