Good Day of Hunting (for me that is)

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
Today I really had a blast. I found a place in tacoma here that alot of people go to, but dont spend aa whole lot of time in. It is part of a trail in Pt. Defiance park. I plan on going back there tomorrow. I found 2q 2d and 5 p off the beaten path. I think the trick to hunting in this spot is to think like a person who is into nature and hugging trees. I found the coins around different old growth trees. I had a ball. The real excitment came when I was leaving. I was walking down this steep hill and slid and fell on my butt......2 times! but it was worth it. I was pumped, and still am. Talk to you later. Brad

Attachments

• finds6-17-05.jpg
    finds6-17-05.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
RIGHT ON!!! good job man....NOW you're thinkin' like a true MDer! Here in CO I like to find places where people climb on the rocks, and hunt below those, and of course parks that have big shade trees are a prime spot for people to plop down and hence lose a little pocket change...I'm finding that people on here also had the very good idea of EDGES, many sidewalk edges contain coins that fell bounced or rolled off the sidewalk and into the grassy sections on the sides...everything that has an edge has a potential....anyway great finds and great that your so stoked!

HH
Springsman

R

rusty nails

i am sidewalk . parking lot edge lover myself (opp. of that) u seem to find less trash off the beaten path !
great job - man - washington state is a beautiful state ~ ! - my sister used to live in Bremerton
Leftybass

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ? ?Doing great!! ? ? ?If they have any old Vistas with the rock wall, in that park. Then you might want to detect along the base of the wall, on both sides. People liked getting their picture taken, sitting on the walls. ?I've found some nice coins from that. Including a Franklin half dollar and other silver coins. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH

OP
OP
KIXLSYD

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
Thanks for the tips you guys. Im headed back down there again here in a little while. If I find anything else, i'll be sure to post it. This park had alot of work done by the CCC a long time ago. Maybe one of those guys dropped something that is still there. Talk to you soon, and thanks again, Brad

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't it make you wonder how much money we are walking on and just don't know it!

Great job Brad!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
KIXLSYD

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
Found another penny today. I feel stupid posting pennies, but I have a feeling this place is a hot spot. I'll keep you posted. Brad

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Improvement!! Youre getting better kix. WTG!!

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey KIX! There is a fellow hunter in Tacoma that goes by ZOMBEE! You might post something to his attention if you're looking for a partner. Also a gal on Vashon, Sonja Marie that is a fairly new detectorist. If things ever slow down around here in Oregon, I was going to try to get together with them this summer. My wife has family all over the area in Tacoma. Some on Pearl just up from the park.
Congrats on your finds.
Spotz

R

rvbvetter

Nice finds. But something tells me your wife will think she's lost you to a detector. HH

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next are the wheaties and silver! Keep digginitup!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread