2nd Gold of the week !!! + more

Midnightrider08

Mar 9, 2008
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Wife was having her yard sale today with daughter so me and the boy headed to the nearest park. I hunt this park the most as I know a lady who lost a wedding ring there and it's never been found. So it's the tot lot of choice for me.

I've been there about dozen times with normally nothing but clad and junk ( .26 for today) 3 pulltabs , 2 pencil tops ... then bam Nickel . The one thing about the quicksilver is normally when it a nickel it seems to be something good or different anyways. Some older pulltabe come up as such also I find but I like them signals as I don't get them often. So I cut the plug and I let the boy turn it over and sitting right in the bottom of the hole was a 1968 Richford Falcons class ring with red stone but no name of previous owner. My son did his own Happy Dance while fell on my rear and just thought it over for a minute. Now I know I could have and maybe should have put a little effort into maybe finding it's owner but my theory on it is this. When I lose something and it's apparent I've lost it I don't expect it back ... that's why they call it lost. Plus it was found in middle of soccer field so if he had took his jewelry off before sports like we all were told or if he had treated that girlfriend a little better maybe he'd still have the ring . Either way lost is lost and found is found and I found it. So you know it .. but I ran straight to the coin & jewelry place and did my second cash in of the week . $100.00 , now that right there + my other cash in is a decent damn week for a novice I think .

Did some curbside crawling on way home then decided to head to foundation as it'd be cooler in the woods as it was a scorcher today. Built the kids what they call a debris shelter had some eats and did 8 buckets of digging .

Got me my nails of course and another button. No backmark ( Yunk , I learned a term ) 4th button so far and again the hole still just a beeping .. it more like a trench along the outside side wall . I'm about 2 feet down 20 feet long on that side. Gives me something to do.

Picked up a Pioneer at a yard sale today for $35.00 , which I thought was a good deal. I don't really care for it but it another one to have I suppose.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Peace

Upvote 0

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
Good job! Its allways nice to find gold silver or the like. I wish i could get out more often. Lately my quick silver has been dry and not wanting to work with me.

BTW if you ever come to idaho we can take a day and go hunting!

LT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread