HOLY S$$$... A LIVE PARROT SHELL AND CW FINDS!!!

L

lovedigging

Haven't been out in a few weeks and it's been killing me. Not like me at all,but to much work and so hot... Yesterday here in Virginia it was in the high 90's and the heat index reached 108 so I decided to stay in my truck with the air conditioning on high and try to find a few new spots. My luck was pretty good, after about two hours I had two new places to go so I was at one at day break today. It didn't seem to matter much cause it was already very hot and the ticks looked like a parade coming up my legs but within five minutes I found the 69 bullet and was determined to find the old house site the farmer had said was once there. After about an hour I had dug a few buttons and another bullet when I hit a grassy area and hit a strong signal. After sweeping my Whites -DFX over it a few times I could tell it was fairly large so I started a pretty good circle around it and when I flipped the grass over I about fell over. Within two inches under the ground was this parrot shell. I never dreamed I'd be lucky enough to dig one after digging a cannonball with my brother a few months ago. It was a shame he wasn't with me...Anyway, I hope someone can help me identify it and suggest where I can take it in Virginia to have it defused... I weighed it on my scales and it was just over nine pounds. I'd like to put it with my collection but I don't want to have to worry about blowing up my house ;D Also can someone help me with the flat button??? Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying COOL...

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,291
  • r2.JPG
    r2.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,296
  • r3.JPG
    r3.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,298
  • r4.JPG
    r4.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,288
  • r5.JPG
    r5.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,297
  • r6.JPG
    r6.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,285
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lovedigging

Lamont.Scraps said:
Yet another incredible find!!! Can I get lifetime free membership to the Cooper Bros. Museum of rare yet unbelievable pieces of recovered CW American history and other anomalies? Just when you think that there is no way you could top your previous finds you do it again, congratulations! Keep it up can't wait to see more...
T. Thanks for the reply... If I only had that sword you recently found I'd have a great collection so maybe we should do some horse trading ;D Maybe youd be interested in the diamond ring I found when we were at the beach 8) 8) 8)

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tcooper1 said:
Haven't been out in a few weeks and it's been killing me. Not like me at all,but to much work and so hot... Yesterday here in Virginia it was in the high 90's and the heat index reached 108 so I decided to stay in my truck with the air conditioning on high and try to find a few new spots. My luck was pretty good, after about two hours I had two new places to go so I was at one at day break today. It didn't seem to matter much cause it was already very hot and the ticks looked like a parade coming up my legs but within five minutes I found the 69 bullet and was determined to find the old house site the farmer had said was once there. After about an hour I had dug a few buttons and another bullet when I hit a grassy area and hit a strong signal. After sweeping my Whites -DFX over it a few times I could tell it was fairly large so I started a pretty good circle around it and when I flipped the grass over I about fell over. Within two inches under the ground was this parrot shell. I never dreamed I'd be lucky enough to dig one after digging a cannonball with my brother a few months ago. It was a shame he wasn't with me...Anyway, I hope someone can help me identify it and suggest where I can take it in Virginia to have it defused... I weighed it on my scales and it was just over nine pounds. I'd like to put it with my collection but I don't want to have to worry about blowing up my house ;D Also can someone help me with the flat button??? Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying COOL...

Yep, shes a beautiful 10 Pound Parrott. If you can, take a picture of the base of the projectile and I will tell you whether or not it is Yankee or Confederate! Heres a pic of mine.

Attachments

• MD pics 160.jpg
    MD pics 160.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 378
OP
OP
L

lovedigging

{Sentinel} said:
tcooper1 said:

Yep, shes a beautiful 10 Pound Parrott. If you can, take a picture of the base of the projectile and I will tell you whether or not it is Yankee or Confederate! Heres a pic of mine.
Sentinel, Thanks for the reply... Seems you are constantly helping me out. I'll have the shell back this weekend and then I'll take a few pictures and send them to you. I would like to know if it's confederate or union. Thanks again...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread