Permission Granted!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Had a local gentleman contact me to search for property markers at his dad's old house (built in the 50's). Went out and found them in about 15 min. Was easy-sucker rods about 2 inches down. He gave me $5 and permission to hunt the yard area. Found a Swiss Army knife and a couple dollars in clad.
He also said to come out to his farm and look to my content. Seems he was plowing and worked an 1878 Morgan out of the ground along with some arrowheads and a couple of spear points, Said there was a camp there at one time and some pottery shards along with other artifacts are found just laying around waiting to be picked up after a good rain.
You can guess where my next trip will be, and it's only 3 miles from the house.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
mattjd said:
Lucky !$@#^$? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Have fun at your new site!? ? ? ? Matt
Matt, luck seems to have little to do with it. My custom title says it all: Random chance seems to have operated in our favor. That and the Detecting Gods tend to smile a lot. ;D We'll see what comes down the pike in a few days. ?stoney56

M

mattjd

stoney56 said:
mattjd said:
Lucky !$@#^$? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Have fun at your new site!? ? ? ? Matt
Matt, luck seems to have little to do with it. My custom title says it all: Random chance seems to have operated in our favor. That and the Detecting Gods tend to smile a lot. ;D We'll see what comes down the pike in a few days. ?stoney56

I'm not mad at you I've just havn't been having much luck lately and and getting a bit frusterated.

That'll all change soon.

Post pictures of your finds!

HH Matt

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Sound great Stoney, Good luck, I hope you find some old coinage! Please keep us up to date on your finds and HH.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need some help I know a guy not far away! ;D JIM

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant wait for your posts, Good luck

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Stoney!!! That sounds like it'll be great fun!!!! Hope you find lots of good stuff to show us!!!

Nana ;)

R

rvbvetter

Alright!! Good luck on the site.

Being the eternal optimist that i am. I keep a plaque around to remind me how good things can be.

It says; " Well, did the F_ _ _ up fairy visit us again?? " HH

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Well the gentleman was gone for the weekend (Fathers Day). Called him this evening and will show me tomorrow which field he was talking about. Went back to his dad's place and got a little more clad-guess skeeters hid some the 1st time. Only good thing is not a single memorial, just N, D, and Q's. THere's a park acroos the street from there. NOt used much lately but found faint path that went back into a treeline and led to an empty lot about 25' wide. Had foundation slab and more skeeters. Dug beer cans-older type not w/pulltabs but little buttons that U pushed in to open. Skeeters tried to run me off but got one more signal that was a little different but still strong. Dug down about 5 inches and saw what was silver colored and had a texture to it. I worried it out of the ground and behold- a Kilroy Pal cap gun-made in the good old U.S.A. Although the trigger guard was broke-the darn thing acts like it would still work!

Attachments

• kilroy pal.JPG
    kilroy pal.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 294
  • kilroy pal 2.JPG
    kilroy pal 2.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 274

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Pretty cool, Stoney...
Good luck with the rest of the hunt!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find stoney,

HH

Lonewolfe

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That gun may have been used to rob your train! You need to get you a skeeter/ woods hunting kit. I always carry insect repellent and some antibiotic ointment and bandaids! The skeeters don't like me much but the ticks do. Brrrrr, I hate those nasty little blood suckers. I don't know what i like most, artifacts or coins. The artifacts I find are basically worthless to everyone but me and I have a coffee can full. Now that I have a little gold and silver it make up for it! JIM

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
LOL. Jim, gives a whole new meaning to, "Stop or I'll cap ya'!" Have the repellant in the jeep-but was in too big a hurry to get out for an hour of fun. The next few hours were spent rubbing up against door frames like a bear scratching at a tree.LOL
Maybe the skeeters think you're old enough that your blood is obsolete. ;D J/K

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Grats on the Permission Stoney,Nice gun.I have a box full of broken and parts only,I hope to dig a complete on some day.Best of digs on the farm site.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread