Cuts

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
I have been working mainly schools and parks trying to learn what this XLT will do. I try to make very small holes when digging, so I usually have to retrieve my find using my finger. My finger is getting cut up pretty bad from metal and glass.
I tried a pair of leather gloves but they were hot and I could not feel the finds in the hole. Yesterday, I had a idea and tried my finger tip archery glove. It worked great. Didn't get a cut, wasn't hot, and I could feel the items in the holes. Maybe you guys have been using them for a long time, but it was new to me and thought I might pass it along to other new guys.
~Kansas~

Upvote 0

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
HEY KANSAS!!. BUY YOURSELF A LESCHE DIGGING TOOL THERE GREAT. ITS GOT A SHARP POINT AND TEETH ON THE SIDES FOR DIGGIN THROUGH ROOTS AND HARD PAN. WHAT TYPE OF GROUND ARE YOU DIGGIN IN THE SCHOOLS? WOOD CHIPS, GRAVEL, SAND? DONT BE AFRAID OF DIGGING A LARGER HOLE TO GET TO YOUR TARGET AS LONG AS YOU FILL IT AND SMOOTH IT OUT. IF ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR DIGGIN JUST SHOW THEM SOME OF THE TRASH YOUR TAKING AWAY AND THEY SHOULD BE FINE WITH IT. YOU SHOULDN'T BE CUTTING YOURSELF YOU SHOULD BE HAVIN FUN!!!!!. KEEP ON DIGGIN, THE ROOSTER

T

T-Rex

yeah there's alot of old broken pop bottles from the 70's in our local parks... I got a cut from a little hunk of a 7-up or Sprite bottle a couple weeks ago on my finger, I went with the leather gloves too and you are right on with your description, can't feel a thing...

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Man one time i cut my self on some tin, and that hurt! it was pretty deep too, (the cut) yeah and buy yourself a diggn tool, or a knife if u dont like diggin with a shovel, HH CS

OP
OP
Kansas

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Yup.... I think I better get a Lesche.
I have been digging in about everything. Last month I got to try a few beaches on the East coast, mainly Atlantic City and Virginia Beach. I got to use a shifter there in the sand. I really envy those guys.
~Kansas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions