Found Modern Cache, Kennedy Kennedy, Kennedy......

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Sunday I had been to a church overflow parking lot that was just a grass patch with a few trees where an old house once stood, I had found my oldest coin ever there a 1849 LC and my very first Buff a 1920, so Monday night I watched the rain storms finally pass through and thought maybe I had time to go hit that lot as I only got to do half of it the night before. After arriving I fired up the Ol'X-Terra 70 and started to walk a grid and had'nt gotten 20 feet when my machine went CRAZY! everywhere I swung it was beepin! I thought I must have came across where someone had dumped a pail of nails but the VDI was saying it was all money! I tried to single out one of the signals and then pinpointed it. I debated if I should dig or not and thought what the heck I had been finding some nice stuff I better take a look. I got down and popped a plug and when I turned it up I saw two large discs starin up at me and my first thought was Large Cents and lots of them!!!!!!!!!! I then noticed about 3 lincoln cents in with the big disc's and this kinda took the wind out of my sails lol. I grabbed up the big boys and seen JFK and new I had found a couple of halves, I retrieved the cash and swung back over the hole and the minelab was screaming!I pulled back a little more dirt and the Kenndy's came pouring out like a water fall! I could'nt believe my eyes. Now its starting to get dark and fast too and to make matters worse its starting to rain again. I began diggin and probing for all I was worth, I kept pullin coin after coin after coin, I kept stuffing them into my pocket, I don't know why I did'nt put them in my apron I guess the excitement was clouding my thinking lol. Finally it got too dark to dig and as I stood up to leave I swung the X-Terra over the hole and it was still screaming! I went to a friends house to show him what I had found, He was flabbergasted at the amont of halves I pulled from the ground,I told him that I would be going in late to work in the morning as I had to finish digging this spot! I arrived back bright and early in the morning and continued pulling coin after coin again till I had no more noise from the Minelab which I think maybe has a sore throat now from all that screaming lol

My final tally is as follows

Pennies (all zinc) 208

Nickles 19

Dimes 15

Quarters 9

Kennedy Halves 34 .... 1 is a 40% silver

Total $23.78

HH Slipperyjack

Attachments

• Jacks Cache 002.jpg
    Jacks Cache 002.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Jacks Cache 006.jpg
    Jacks Cache 006.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • Jacks Cache 002.jpg
    Jacks Cache 002.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,115
  • Jacks Cache 005.jpg
    Jacks Cache 005.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • Jacks Cache 006.jpg
    Jacks Cache 006.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,111
  • Jacks Cache 002.jpg
    Jacks Cache 002.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,110
  • Jacks Cache 003.jpg
    Jacks Cache 003.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,100
  • Jacks Cache 006.jpg
    Jacks Cache 006.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,088
Upvote 0

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
COOL Find,
I would have been late also.
HH,
Joe

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Finds Jack... totally neat and so happy for ya :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

StormGazr

May 7, 2008
Jackson County, NE Kansas
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Silver, Garrett Ace250
Totally Awesome Jack!!! I dream of a find like that! (Actually I dream of ANY find...need it to quit raining long enough for me to get out there!)
Congrats (I still think ya should have gotten Banner on your half dime though!!!)

Storm

PS: Go out & find some more, I'm sure that place still has a few goodies yet :thumbsup: :tongue3:

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
What a rush to see all those Kennedy Halves in the ground, congrats an a super hunt and all those goodies!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Wow! I had a $10.00 clad day today and was debating posting it - then I saw your post. No chance I'm gonna put my paltry finds up now! What a great find that spot was!!! Congrats!!!

Good luck to you in the morning. Can't wait to see the follow-up post......

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That would definetley stick in my head for a while!!!!!!.....regardless of the age :thumbsup: Nice Going!

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Great find, great story. Got a laugh about the excitement clouding your mind.....Funny!!! :thumbsup:

kippero

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
white xlt E-trac
A whole piggy bank worth awesome find its always good to get something from church

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Thanks for all the comments, It was sure fun to find this modern day cache! Even though its not a huge amount of money and I'll be goin to work every morning instead of being able to retire early lol I' still had a ball and can't wait till I find the Old Cache cause if I got this excited by this one I might have a heart attack on an old one.

HH
Slipperyjack

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy that must have been fun..you were probably wondering when it was going to ever end! You must have been there a while..I wonder what the story is behind that..the grass must have been really high for no one to notice when all those big coins were dropped.

WTG :thumbsup:
Nat

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3
Nice going Jack, With finds like that I see a new water machine in your future . kib
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread