My First Time Out

P

PassIn

Hi All,

I'm new to the hobby and forum. Just got my detector Thursday. Went out withthe kids this afternoon to a local ball park. I searched in several different locations. My first find was a '101 dalmations' broach. Finally ended up under some trees near the ball fields where I found everything else(car, 1 quarter, 2 dimes, 1 nickel, 5 pennies and a button.
I've been visiting the forum for several weeks now and finally decided to get in. I want to thank everybody. I wasn't sure what kind of MD to begin with. I checked the forum and found the ACE 250 highly recommended so that's what I got.
The worst part about todays hunt is that befor I had found my first coin, both my kids had each found a shiny quarter and my daughter had found a baseball. The best thing was that I got to spend 4 hours with my kids who couldn't wait to see what we found next. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    IMAG0001.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. You did great on your first outing!!HH.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you had a good first time out. Great hobby to get the kids into too. Hope you do well with the Ace 250. Lots of forum user's here, and they seem to do real well with them.

HH 8) surfrat

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
congrats...you done good , and getting the kids involved is great...JO

Blue_Dude

May 15, 2005
Wisconsin
Welcome to the forum. Great job for your first time out.
This forum has really helped me get started. Now if I can get
out and find some goodies.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum PassIn ! You had a good first time out. And you spent some quality time with the kids. Good Luck in the future and keep up the good diggin'.

Huntin' 59er

F

Floater

Welcome PassIn, Great Story and Great Finds. The time with the kids is the best part of all. HH

OP
OP
P

PassIn

Hi All,

I apologize for the bad picture, working on it :-\.

There are no markings on the button(cloth covered).

Oldest coin was a '69 dime.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Welcome to this wonderful hobby of discovery. Sounds like you and your childeren had a real nice day.

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

P

PrizmIV

O SHIT!!! IM FROM HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA TO!!! WE NEED TO HOOK UP!!!! ;) HH Jonathan!!!

R

rusty nails

;D the ace 250 is a winner - its the daiwa mini cast of metal detecting - looking fwd to your posts i will get out hopefully next weekend - nice finds - LBP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread