1780 British warship found in Lake Ontario / Not by me

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
That is intresting I would love to see it raised and preseved, I dont know how the British still think they own it though, They lost, and its on American soil

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
TEXAN Connection said:
That is intresting I would love to see it raised and preseved, I dont know how the British still think they own it though, They lost, and its on American soil

I would say finders keepers......

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's cool and it's right in my neck of the woods too. But where do I find that 1hr long video at?

bongo1962

Feb 4, 2007
Buick City
TEXAN Connection said:

And how would you feel if the French started digging up our ww2 soldiers graves? Would that be a case of finders keepers? It is a wartime grave site, and the desecration of any grave is just wrong. Just my opinion, still a very cool relic. Bongo

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Good point but I doubt any soilders are still intact in the ship, and if they are found they should be buried with honors as well as if any other soilder is found while a Historical excavation is being done

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
bongo1962 said:
TEXAN Connection said:

And how would you feel if the French started digging up our ww2 soldiers graves? Would that be a case of finders keepers? It is a wartime grave site, and the desecration of any grave is just wrong. Just my opinion, still a very cool relic. Bongo

I just said finders keepers. The lake played finders keepers for 200 some years...I agree with Tex and allen. Preserve as much as possible. Even if that means leaving it down there....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions