5/8 Carat Diamond Solitary Ring 14K

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Been a great month for playing in the wood chips. A few weeks ago I found a tennis bracelet 10K with 70 diamonds in it. Had it appraised and it came out to be 1 1/2 carats total weight with a value of $1795.00. Fast forward to Thursday night. Got my work done at my job but it was getting dusk so I opted for a school a couple of minutes from the place of my employment. Decided to work the wood chips to see if I could liberate some small change. Didn't find much and was on my way to my car when I got one last signal. A little nudge with my foot and I thought I saw something golden. Yes a ring for sure but certainly nothing of value. Placed in my pocket and went back to work. A little more labor done and I was back in my office. Lets see the ring now. Looked through a magnifier and saw it said 14K. Must say G.F. or H.G.E. or something but didn't see that. Well it looks like gold but what about the stone. To big to be a diamond but will take to a jeweler to have it tested.

Friday I went to the mall to see. They tested and it is the real McCoy. Inside the band it says the diamond is 65 points in weight. Biggest diamond ring found to date. Will get it appraised sometime. Yes I am a real happy camper . Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCF0177.jpg
    DSCF0177.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 4,568
  • DSCF0180.jpg
    DSCF0180.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,146
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg that will buy several detectors.. you lucky dog.. that is a beaut for sure.. :thumbsup:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: BLING BLING :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W!! Now that's a ring. Congrats!

:wink: RR

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Verrrry Nice! I can't wait to find one of those beauties.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!!! Thats what we are all hoping find someday :thumbsup:

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go! You are the diamond magnet! Makes me wonder why the heck I stayed home all day today. Oh yeah, working on the riding mower, it decided to smash the blades together. Got a new drive belt & it they still hit...gonna have to get the lower belt too, it is obviously not gripping tightly enough. Oh yeah, terrific finds!

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great job I love rings especially when they have a diamond like that in it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread