Beach Hunt! 8am in the morning!!! :) Learned a lot this morning!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
This morning I went to a beach in Seattle and hunted it for 4 hours. I hunted with the professional metal detectorist, who is my friend. We both started hunting at 8:00am before the afternoon rush of people landed on the beach. I had learned a lot about Metal Detecting as my friend who was experienced with detectors and had got my machine from; taught me a lot in one day. I started out scanning the beach where there had been people and found a lot of coins. I wanted to find a gold ring and my friend knew that it would take a lot more time before I even could. I kept digging low tone signals. Most were trash but I did get 3 nickels out of it! This beach was packed with money. I did not even get to hunt the entire beach today. But I had fun either way!

At 10:30am we decided to hit a park to practice pinpointing in the grass with my Minelab Explorer SE. Since he was using the Explorer II and I was using my SE we had to spread out and hunt a little section of the park. We found that this place had a lot of metal in the ground, so we had to really choose our targets. I found it hard to find targets when using my SE because I was still in the beginner factory settings mode. I got really good at pinpointing and practicing how to dig up targets without harming the ground. I hope to get a lot more stuff next time when I go to a local park since I actually know how to dig it up. Overall I had an excellent morning learning all that I could as a beginner about my machine! I am really into this hobby and think it is a lot of fun!

I was getting tired so we ended at 12:00pm and went home.

Here are my finds:

DSCF0245.jpg

Trash finds while searching for gold:
DSCF0246.jpg

Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
If your finding nickles, your not missing any gold. You just didn't go over it. Looks like you are off to a good start. And the end to life as you know it :laughing7: Good Luck.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Someday you will look back on this day and say, "Hey, that was a long time ago." Ha Ha. You will also remember all the great hunts and the terrific finds and how you and your detector became one. Good hunting.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your lucky to have a good friend to help ya too.... wtg big time..

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
I'd say you're on your way!
In no time flat you will learn to totally undo those factory settings as ALL METAL is the only way to get the most from the SE(IMO). Just have fun, be patient. The SE is the finest machine out there with the "right" coil. Did you also purchase SunRay's X1 probe? If not; it's a must.

Good luck,
GRB

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Way to go. Nice finds. Keep on learning the machine and you will be digging silver before too long.
Dman

P. S.
Did you check out the web site I emailed you about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread