Explosion in the clad mines today by the dfx and some gold for the Se.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Attachments

• 16 jun $12.20 in clad Kennedy half.jpg
    16 jun $12.20 in clad Kennedy half.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 593
  • 16 jun $12.20 in clad Kennedy half sorted.jpg
    16 jun $12.20 in clad Kennedy half sorted.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 588
  • Latest Se finds.jpg
    Latest Se finds.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 599
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
mastereagle22 said:
Way to go buddy!!

Thinkin bout visiting the old windy city soon. Maybe I can catch up with you then?

Maybe...I have been getting out a ton due to upcoming shift change for a month minimum which will slow me down quite a bit. Going to be working days starting Thursday. Been out just about every day this month! I did take the weekend off and boy I was ready today. I think 90% of the coins were 2-3 inches deep or less.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey moley Gregg...NICE finds..all of em.clad, jewels all whats that R thingy a pin? Hey I lost that last week hardy har har... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Bootybay said:
holey moley Gregg...NICE finds..all of em.clad, jewels all whats that R thingy a pin? Hey I lost that last week hardy har har... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Rae... :) No info on the pin with the "R". Going to look up the Wednesday Company token later.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the gold and the 100 coin day!! Lots of gas money there, at least a couple gallons!!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
crazyjarhead said:
Nice haul... you kicked @#@ :thumbsup:

Thanks my best clad day this year... I bought a few used shafts/rods for my Se...the dfx likes to help pay for everything! :D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Detectingfreak said:
very nice job dude!!! :thumbsup: Congratulations on the gold! :thumbsup:

Thanks gold has been tough for me with the Se...but I will keep trying...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack(IN) said:
Congrats on the gold and the 100 coin day!! Lots of gas money there, at least a couple gallons!!

Jack I am cheap...I hunt based on where I am...this park is very close to home.. :D :D I have to get hold of you soon ...probably send you a message tonight...my gold count for year way down... might need a few tips for the explorer!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Lotta ups and downs Gregg!

Good tally for it, though...

Things kinda fell off for me, so I've got to be a bit more creative.

HH
rmptr

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. Especially that earring! :thumbsup:

You know it's getting bad when in my mind I quickly try to figure out how many gallons of gas that would buy :tongue3:

HH, Mark

Evolx10

Dec 20, 2007
Bronx - NY
Detector(s) used
DFX-300, M6
Nice haul, its still weird to find a 1/2 d that young , i mean store clerks usually look at you odd or sigh a little if a 1/2 dollar comes crashing across the counter knocking over display racks nn sauch.. You wonder if it was an adult carrying it for serial , or just a silly kit playing with it.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
rmptr said:
Lotta ups and downs Gregg!

Good tally for it, though...

Things kinda fell off for me, so I've got to be a bit more creative.

HH
rmptr

You are 100% correct up/down all year...guess thats what makes finding something good worth while.... By the way I could use a few mpre ring finds...if the metal detector gods are listening! :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
BeachBumm said:
Nice hunt. Especially that earring! :thumbsup:

You know it's getting bad when in my mind I quickly try to figure out how many gallons of gas that would buy :tongue3:

HH, Mark

Thanks the earring was from last week...just thought the clad finds needed something to spice it up...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
dugdigger said:
that's some serious digging!

You would have been surprised how shallow most of the coins were... I think I am getting a little sharper using both detectors instead of the reverse...seems like one picks up the other after a bad hunt... Usually get a little to far to switch from one to the other in middle of hunt.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Evolx10 said:
Nice haul, its still weird to find a 1/2 d that young , i mean store clerks usually look at you odd or sigh a little if a 1/2 dollar comes crashing across the counter knocking over display racks nn sauch.. You wonder if it was an adult carrying it for serial , or just a silly kit playing with it.

Good question it was by a very heavy traffic entrance to a park... There was also a hole with 7 quarters, and quite a few more quarters in same area...maybe a coin hunt... ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread