My first day Metal Detecting!

imbones

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2005
Went out yesterday for my first day ever of metal detecting! ;D
Nothing exciting, but just had a good ol' time with the fam, my mom, brother, and wife all walked around with me and we took turns. I was at my parents for fathers day and they live in an old house. We went around just one small part of the land and the detector was having a field day. We found piles of parts of old tractors, old screws and nails, an old stake, some chicken wire, 3 pull tabs form old soda cans, an old hammer head, a woman's belt buckle with little glass beads all over it, and a pair of sunglasses I lost about 5 years ago. As I said nothing exciting, but it was fun to find all the old stuff. I'm hooked now! ;) ::)

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
8). Can definitely be a family affair. Welcome to the forum. Do by chance have pic of the buckle? Sounds neat.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Imbones,

Welcome to the forum and to a great hobby ! It sounds like you got a good start and also enjoyed the day with your family. Those old artifacts are always good to find. That's like digging up history. As you learn your detector, the good finds will come also. Good Luck and H H in the future !

Huntin' 59er

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum.Great finds ,can you post some pics? HH

OP
OP
I

imbones

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2005
I can only do a pic of the belt buckle as the rest is still at my parents house. I'm at work now, but I'm going home for lunch and I'll take the picture then. It's pretty dirty, any advice on how to clean these things up? Also I forgot to put an old compass piece that we found. The New York Eagle Pencil Company is the logo that we found on it. Thank everyone for the warm welcome, you're a good group of people! ;D ;D :D

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

Sounds like you got rid of the top trash.....Next time go back thru the same area and you may be able to pick up the good stuff......anyhow welcome to our world and to our Forum..... ;D ;D ;D ARCOM

OP
OP
I

imbones

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2005
Here's the picture of the belt buckle. Most of the beads have fallen off, but some are still on.

Attachments

• smaller.JPG
    smaller.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 282

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! Picture went clear off the screen on my monitor! If you have photo shop, adjust your image size to 640 and it will be about right for the forum. Listen to me, D'OH, I just learned to do that a couple weeks ago! :D What kind of machine are you using? Some of the pros here might be able to tell ou how to discriminate out some of the junk. Good start, keep at it! JIM

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good day!

HH

Lonewolfe

E

Einstein

reminds me of an 80's belt. glad to hear the whole fam got in on it.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
That's the great thing about this hobby......you don't need to find anything of value to be successful......... :)

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Welcome imbones,And grats on your first time out.Looks like that yard will hold some good digs.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions