Fathers Day and Beach Hunt

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
I only had about 20 minutes to hunt a park in a old small town in Central Ohio on Father's Day while having Dinner at my Father in Laws house this weekend. I did find a 1959 Nickle, 3 newer pennies, a earpiece from an old phone and three old square nails.
I plan to return to an area just out of town where the original settlement was.

This week I will try my hand at Beach Hunting for the first time. I will be at a Beach in Maine.
I am taking my ACE 250 with me. I will post pics and / or the story late this week.
Any first time beach Hunting advice is welcomed!

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Sounds like it's gonna be fun. Keep your detector box dry, add magnet to the inside of your scoop if you have one-helps keep those pesky nails and wire from falling back into the hole and redigging 'em. Keep your disc. down so as to pick up small and light rings. Then post 'em if you got 'em. HH and enjoy!

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I am going out hunting with another central ohio hunter "Wingamn" Goood to hear from other locals . Leave your detector on all metal and go slow. Check around old bonfire ring sure to be $$$. Good luck and post anything you find .Trasure awaits

Ace villav

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
I got my first chance at beach hunting for a few days last month. You will love it. Wish I was there so I could hunt it all the time.
~Kansas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread