Gold coin found today.....

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Just an addendum to my previous post. It is in fact gold. It's a 1992 $100 gold piece that I dug at about 4 inches today in the yard of an 1850 house on the campus of Swarthmore College here near Philly. I'll post pix when I can. The obverse has the bust of Venustiado Carranza(prez.) of Mexico from 1905 untill 1915 I think. It also says $100 next to his face in large print. "As your new el presidente,I promise you dis,dat and de udder ting"lol......I digress. The reverse has what I believe to be an eagle or conor holding a snake with the words ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS around the perimeter. If anyone can locate a picture of this and post it I would appreciate it.

Thanx in advance,

root

Upvote 0
P

PrizmIV

A gold coin is a gold coin no matter where its from. Although, its probally worth more in gold than value lol! NICE FIND HH Jonathan

O

ozzysdad

I hate to bust your bubble, But, I'm pretty sure what you have is a 100 Peso coin KM#493 ?, I'll see if i have a pic and i'll post it. It is a cool coin to find.... I could be wrong?

Best of luck, Keep diggin....

Attachments

• Image788100pesoobv.jpg
    Image788100pesoobv.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 473
  • Image88100pesorev.jpg
    Image88100pesorev.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 514

piratepete

Jan 18, 2005
i agree. it is probably a 100 peso coin, but gold is gold! Check its weight- i bet its worth more than 100 dollars anyway. :)

OP
OP
R

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Thanx for all the replies friends........
My bubble was busted earlier when I posted this in another forum. It's actually a brass/bronze combination. Well.....live and learn. It was fun while it lasted......lol

root

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
It is still a cool find! I have several from parks here in South Texas. I found out also that these coins have been devalued by the Mexican Government so they are no longer legal tender. That is what I have been told anyways. I clean mine up and display them with other finds. My youngest son has a few of them too that he begged for after I found them. They do look awesome! Adds some spice to the collection!

Rich

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey Root, great find anyway. We don't find too many Mexican coins up here in Vermont. Still has to be a rush when you see that gold color...Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread