First sidewalk dig

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Hey fellow diggers,
This is my first post here and first sidewalk dig. This is next door to my best friends house in South Glens Falls, NY. I went and asked permission and went right to work. Didn't find any silver but found:

Top left to right: 1913, 1914, 1917 wheat penny, 1941 nickel (all found in the trench)​

Bottom left to right: 1988 dime, 1970 penny (both found on the edges of the trench)​

Thanks everyone for looking and good luck to you all...... :)

Happy Hunting,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Attachments

• sidewalk-3.JPG
    sidewalk-3.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 388
  • sidewalk-coins3.JPG
    sidewalk-coins3.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

With wheat pennies that old, there's gotta be some Injuns near by!

I'd hit it again with very little to no disc. and see what you come up with!

HH

Lonewolfe

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on the finds,,, My partners and I are missing out on some sidewalks as I type. Their right downtown, and 8' to 10' wide, but the workers are com'n right behind the back hole with the compactor, and we just can't get between the two... :'(
Brakes our little hearts to know there's silver lying 3 feet in front of us, and we can't get to it... :'(
Good luck & Happy hunting~

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Leon--
Sweet cents - gotta be a silver in there somewhere! You could rent a bobcat and find out whats under the walk up the street!! ;D Keep swingin--Good Luk--resurector

BTW-- check that 1914 wheat--- if its got a "s"mint mark--- even in the shape its in would bring $50-$100 at auction. ::)Besides the 1909s VDB,and the 1922 no "d".... It's the most desirable Wheatback in all the series.only 1.7 million where minted--compare that to 1984, they minted 8.1 BILLION :o

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job DugHoles! glad you hit up those walks, just keep doing them, whenever you see one open like that, skip work, forget breakfast, tell the misses today is your day, see ya later hon! ;D
Next you'll be hitting up the silver, just keep it up! I'm going out again this weekend for more torn up walks too, can't wait!

Chris

N

nutso

I went to school at South High class of 73. Would love to do the old Spring Street school, now a park. I may be able to get permission if you can't. I still have a few connections. email me. I'm in Salem. [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread