Imagine the possibilities

gtfd47

Apr 10, 2007
Northeast MA
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum xlt
Ok folks, this is one that goes in the books for me. I am the Training Officer for a Dept up here in the Northeast. We were given an old farm house to train in before it is demoed to make way for a development. House was built in the mid 1700s. (oh yeah, when I aint trainin, Im detectin) Anyways, I'm running a class on Sat when in the kitchen fire place, I notice a small piece of mortar about the size of a pencil eraser missing from around one of the bricks. Needless to say, I know what it is and my heart takes off. I pulled the brick and this is what I got. Unfortunately it was empty, but still wicked cool. Thought I'd share.

Attachments

• brick1.jpg
    brick1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 321
  • brick2.jpg
    brick2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 317
  • brick2a.jpg
    brick2a.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 312
  • brick4.jpg
    brick4.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 321
Upvote 0

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, hit that spot before and after demo. I'll look forward to your posts.
Ken

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No Kidding!!!!.....Just Imagine.....That is still awesome!!!!Nice Find :wink: :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even thou it looks like someone beat ya to that hidden spot.. who knows what else is there.. boy you have yourself one awesome site to hunt...inside and out... when is it to demolished? neat place you have there.. cant wait to see what you come up with too.. :thumbsup:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Any place with that type age would be great to hunt, but with that little hidey hole in the bricks makes it even a better place......I can only imagine! :) jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread