My Front Yard

jak8

Greenie
Jun 22, 2005
Me and my dad hit the front yard this evening,where our walkway is. We hunted about 45 mins.We dug 6 nails and 1 pulltab.I got a hit that read a quater at 4in.The ground is vary hard/dry here right now so my dad dug.We pulled out this earring. My dad thinks its silver.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 356
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! It looks silver, junk metal or silver plate would have tarnished or corroded. It almost looks like theres a mark on the clasp, but I can't quite tell. Looks like it might say .925??? If so, it's sterling silver. Nice find!!!

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
Good job jak8,

Sometimes its a drag to dig up alot of screws and nails, but by digging them up you can be exposing the good stuff thats hiding underneath them.

Keep on it jak8 looks like you are getting good at it!

Jt

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now don't pierce your ear and wear that earring! Lots of kids think that looks cool but I think it looks sissy! Just kidding ;D Great find. What are you going to do with all your stuff you find? You might want to get Dad to build you a display box and hang it up on the wall in your room. That would be really cool! JIM

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I hope tomorrow you'll find even more!!!! :D

Nana ;)

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Your dad is teaching you well by digging everything. Someday, you'll be able to skip over the nails and find the good stuff more efficiently......

Best of luck and keep swingin'

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Jak, Make sure you look around the edges of your driveway . I found a bunch of clad at my mom's yard and the oldest wheat 1920 around back. If it's really hard/dry try after a good rain the ground gives better signal them too. Treasure awaits

Ace villav

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Ear ring is a nice find. Good job! And with it reading as a quarter on your detector there's a really good chance it IS silver. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread