Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
STONE CHURCH "THE BATTLE OF BUGGERS WOODS"

" I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE, ITS TO BLOODY! " Mike mumbled as I ran up to the car, "why did you not return with the smudge can i asked ?? Mike was too week to answere me due to too much blood loss, DAMB MOSQUITOES !! Mike and I went to a spot I just started to hunt and wouldn't you know it, a mosquito hatch of a very large proportion started and in 15 Min's.
Mike and I where dancing like GOGO DANCERS with arms a fa-laying all over the place between signals that our detectors chirped.

we forgot the OFF !!!! :'( and no Relics found exept two dimes ::) lots of potential but next time I'll bring the OFF :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 689
  • pics 010.jpg
    pics 010.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 676
  • pics 016.jpg
    pics 016.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 663
Upvote 0

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Re: STONE CHURCH "THE BATTLE OF BUGGERS WOODS"

Congrad's on fending them off. Bird shot in a 10 GA Shotgun works sometimes if they aint grown up.
Joe

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

I would put that down a a "Special" site.
If you found those in that short of time,
I'm sure you know the possibilities.
Enjoy your "Special" sight when you can!

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros

hi hardy! how ya doin? still haulin those buffalos? nice coins. great story. reminds me of a fishing hike in the big woods. about a mile in. deer flies were driving me nuts. then! i got in to a nettle patch. sting! then i got near the creek and saw whare the black bears were eating the swamp cabbage roots. i had my giant .25 auto with me! wow, i felt safe. not! i could throw it and do more damage. it was hot and humid. i hit the creek at a dead run and went in. gear and all. after the nettles stopped stinging and i cooled off i caught some great native brookies on my fly rig. they are tough and really put up a fight. deep pink flesh and so good. i catch stockers locally but put them back. not tasty. i think i'll call my brothers and do it all over again. not as good as i once was but i can be as good once as i was! die another day!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hardy said:
" I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE, ITS TO BLOODY! " Mike mumbled as I ran up to the car, "why did you not return with the smudge can i asked ?? Mike was too week to answere me due to too much blood loss, DAMB MOSQUITOES !! Mike and I went to a spot I just started to hunt and wouldn't you know it, a mosquito hatch of a very large proportion started and in 15 Min's.
Mike and I where dancing like GOGO DANCERS with arms a fa-laying all over the place between signals that our detectors chirped.

we forgot the OFF !!!! :'( and no Relics found exept two dimes ::) lots of potential but next time I'll bring the OFF :thumbsup:

smudge can? fa-laying? Huh? You can't speak Canadian here, Hardly. Speak American! :icon_scratch: :-*

Looks like a great site....don't forget the smudge can next time or the gogo dancers. :wink: :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread