is it possible gold in florida? boiled up from deep in the earth via a spring

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hummm seems via a rather rare report I found that small amounts of gold have reportly been found in florida , brought up from deep in the earth via deep fresh water springs that go deep into the bowels of the earth bringing the fine gold up along with the water (sounds possible) --- as of yet I have not been able to check it out yet myself but I will be looking into it in the near future --- wish me luck -- If I find out "the report" is indeed true --I will post the photos of my finds -- (wish me lucK) Ivan

humm what do you think ? seems possible to me while it might not be the "mother lode" gold strike we all dream of , it might be fine gold pushed up by the water coming up in the springs.

Upvote 0

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
that was a rumor when I lived in Fl. some 12 years ago. It came at the time from around the seven rivers weeki watchie area. My best take on it back then was that it was part of a 1950s tourist trap scheme meant to defraud tourists. The water in and around the springs there in various locations were salted via shotgun blasts. But I never did, get a water detector into that crystal clear water to check for myself. Heck there could still be some nuggets left over from the salting which would still count in my book. Should be fun to know if you find anything. But otherwise such concepts are pure rubish as the geology of the area simply wouldn't support such a claim. :wink:

XT18000

May 26, 2008
any force strong enough to bring up gold from deep would turn Fla. into a nother Yellowstone Park.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: is it possible gold in florida? boiled up from deep in the earth via a sprin

Good luck Ivan, I hope you find it!! :)

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well if I find a small thermal vent (hot spring area) -- hydrothermal gold is possible * and being no one looks for gold in florida so much the better for me -- no fighting others * for a spot * the report stated it was small amount fine gold in non commerical interesting amounts -- so its just the kind of spot that a small time "panner" person would want -- its on what is now "public land" however so I got to be careful about how I go about it --- I got to be careful not to start a jackleg "gold rush" --- LOL

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I will stick with the gold rings there seems to be more of them... ;D ;D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
ivan salis said:
well if I find a small thermal vent (hot spring area) -- hydrothermal gold is possible * and being no one looks for gold in florida so much the better for me -- no fighting others * for a spot * the report stated it was small amount fine gold in non commerical interesting amounts -- so its just the kind of spot that a small time "panner" person would want -- its on what is now "public land" however so I got to be careful about how I go about it --- I got to be careful not to start a jackleg "gold rush" --- LOL

well that fountain of youth is somewhere also in our state my friend, I wish you luck and I wish you gold in every quest

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaBill said:
I think I will stick with the gold rings there seems to be more of them... ;D ;D

Now that sounds like a real plan. The beach is loaded with gold. ;D

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
I saw a show last year that centered on two
men that dredge for gold in florida. They
said it was nothing like california, but they
did make a living with it. I think it was on
discovery channel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread