1808 LC found in Roof Park Lewisberry, PA

thunter95

Jul 16, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT / White's Surf PI Pro / White's Surfmaster II / White's IDX / White's Classic III
Went hunting tonight in a different area since Friday I was shooting blanks in Lisburn. Went to Roof Park Lewisberry. The park was full of ball players so I went to a tot lot and hit an old mill site. Ended up with just modern clad and a few pieces of jewelry. The mosquitos were killer so I was going to call it a night. On the way home a couple of the games ended early so I thought I would try the park. Hit the area where I pulled a musket ball last year. Ended up with a 1808 large cent. Cool way to end the day.

Attachments

• 6-30-08.jpg
    6-30-08.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 624
  • 6-30-08a.jpg
    6-30-08a.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 620
  • 6-30-08b.jpg
    6-30-08b.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 609
Upvote 0

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, it's always those spots you decide to check at the last minute that bless you with the best finds. Outstanding find! :thumbsup:

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, sweet large cent!

I would love to host a hunt here. Let me know when you can make it. Here is a link to a pic of the park:

Lewisberry is about a half hour from my parents house. I'd drive up for chance at large cent! Let me known if you are getting a hunt together.

DCMatt

OP
OP
thunter95

thunter95

Jul 16, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT / White's Surf PI Pro / White's Surfmaster II / White's IDX / White's Classic III
The coin is pretty green but it will clean up. Most of the problem is my camera does not really shhot close up well. I have to shoot from a good distance and then zoom in. So I lose all the detail on the coin. But it is in pretty good shape. You can see the strands of hair and a good liberty. Nice crisp stars around the outside. We hunt about 5 times a week so anytime someone is in the area we can put a hunt together. I may not find you a good coin but I will put you in the area they are in. Sort of like a boat captain. He cannot catch the fish for you but he can take you where they are at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread