Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jan 2008
    delaware,ohio
    White's Eagle Spectrum

7YR Old and Ace 250 cleanup

Me and my son decided to head out tonight to give the ace 250 another run.I decided to head over to a school playground here in town that I tried detecting in the winter but the wood chips were frozen.My son started detecting first but his arms got tired so I took over.We found lots of pennies,a couple nickles and dimes and $1.75 in quarters.We found a Brutus Buckeye(Ohio State Football) pin and the ring about 8 inches away.This is the 4th ring I have found with the ace in about as many times out with it since I bought it.I told him he could have everything we found so he could use the change for yard sales this weekend so naturally he snatched the ring too.It has a big pink stone in the middle with a diamond looking stone on each side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finds 001.JPG 
Views:	609 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	215146  
    Finding my pot o' gold one beep at a time.

us
    Jul 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Excal 2 and E Trac
    4 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: 7YR Old and Ace 250 cleanup

very nice ring success, wish i could find them as often as that
    It is amazing what men will do for an extra inch.

Jan 2008
    delaware,ohio
    White's Eagle Spectrum

DIG EVERYTHING!!!!! (said it LOUD so everyone can hear...LOL) That's the best advice I can give.Go by tones instead of the display.If it sounds good dig it.

us
    Jul 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Excal 2 and E Trac
    4 times
    Banner Finds (2)

I do typically dig everything, since I usually go to a beach, its not so hard. I am new to detecting, and dont have a scoop yet, and use my hand to feel for whatever i find. The other day, i cut my finger open pretty good on an old rusty piece of metal. So since then, ive had a tiny bit of discrimination on so i dont have to dig as much. Once i heal up tho, ill be back into the wonderful world of pulltabs, bottle caps, bobby pins, and bubblegum wrappers, hoping to find that one elusive item
    It is amazing what men will do for an extra inch.

May 2006
    Oregon
    Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
    12 times

Congrats to the 7 year old. Sounds like a nice haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Narthoniel
    I do typically dig everything, since I usually go to a beach, its not so hard. I am new to detecting, and dont have a scoop yet, and use my hand to feel for whatever i find. The other day, i cut my finger open pretty good on an old rusty piece of metal. So since then, ive had a tiny bit of discrimination on so i dont have to dig as much. Once i heal up tho, ill be back into the wonderful world of pulltabs, bottle caps, bobby pins, and bubblegum wrappers, hoping to find that one elusive item
    Eeek! Get a scoop, or at least a plastic garden trowel and some gloves. Beaches can have some scary stuff, including used needles.

Jan 2008
    delaware,ohio
    White's Eagle Spectrum

Yeah do what Eathan said...get some gloves and a scoop.

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    183 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

nice looking ring...just like pulltab hatr said, if it sends out a signal, dig it...never know what is under the ground awaiting to be found...
    ALLEN

May 2008
    Connecticut
    Sand Shark
    29 times

He is a smart guy.....I would have taken the ring also...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links