7YR Old and Ace 250 cleanup

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Me and my son decided to head out tonight to give the ace 250 another run.I decided to head over to a school playground here in town that I tried detecting in the winter but the wood chips were frozen.My son started detecting first but his arms got tired so I took over.We found lots of pennies,a couple nickles and dimes and $1.75 in quarters.We found a Brutus Buckeye(Ohio State Football) pin and the ring about 8 inches away.This is the 4th ring I have found with the ace in about as many times out with it since I bought it.I told him he could have everything we found so he could use the change for yard sales this weekend so naturally he snatched the ring too.It has a big pink stone in the middle with a diamond looking stone on each side.

Attachments

• finds 001.JPG
    finds 001.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 648
Upvote 0
OP
OP
pulltab hatr

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
DIG EVERYTHING!!!!! (said it LOUD so everyone can hear...LOL) That's the best advice I can give.Go by tones instead of the display.If it sounds good dig it.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I do typically dig everything, since I usually go to a beach, its not so hard. I am new to detecting, and dont have a scoop yet, and use my hand to feel for whatever i find. The other day, i cut my finger open pretty good on an old rusty piece of metal. So since then, ive had a tiny bit of discrimination on so i dont have to dig as much. Once i heal up tho, ill be back into the wonderful world of pulltabs, bottle caps, bobby pins, and bubblegum wrappers, hoping to find that one elusive item :)

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Congrats to the 7 year old. Sounds like a nice haul!

Narthoniel said:
I do typically dig everything, since I usually go to a beach, its not so hard. I am new to detecting, and dont have a scoop yet, and use my hand to feel for whatever i find. The other day, i cut my finger open pretty good on an old rusty piece of metal. So since then, ive had a tiny bit of discrimination on so i dont have to dig as much. Once i heal up tho, ill be back into the wonderful world of pulltabs, bottle caps, bobby pins, and bubblegum wrappers, hoping to find that one elusive item :)

Eeek! Get a scoop, or at least a plastic garden trowel and some gloves. Beaches can have some scary stuff, including used needles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread