I had a good day despite the mosquitos

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a spot in town that I've been wanting to hit for a while. I't's a patch of ground next to and old park that looks like it hasn't been touched in a long time. The ground is about 2 to 3 feet lower that street level with a lot of old trees. Within the first 5 minutes I got a 1916 barber dime! about six inches down. Needless to say I was excited, than about half an hour later I found an old looking earring also about 6 inches down with a little round piece stuck to the back of it shown in the picture. I don't know how to tell if those are real diamonds on it or not and that looks like a pearl in the middle. Then I found a piece of silver from a Necklace? keychain? maybe you guys know what it is. I don't recognize the logo on the front of it, maybe a brewery or car company? any info would be greatly appreciated. After finding all that, I found nothing but clad and a wheatie (1940) and the mosquitos started getting brutal. By the way the bounce fabric sheets didn't help with the mosquitos at all but I did smell nice. I hope you enjoy this post and I hopefully will have more to post in the near future. Thanks for reading. P.S. disregard the green dot on the earring, that's from the scanner.

Attachments

• dime and earring.jpg
    dime and earring.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 507
  • silverNK.jpg
    silverNK.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 512
  • clad and wheatie.jpg
    clad and wheatie.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I knocked a scratch on the back of the dime. It was in the center of the plug but there was a rock next to it that probably caused the scratch. Oh well, I'm still happy about finding it.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice digs DJ! I think a pearl might start to breakdown after being in the ground for some time. The pieces I've found in the past with what appeared to be pearl remains looked like the pearl had started to delaminate very badly.

Not a clue on that silver piece. Unmarked ID tag maybe?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread