OP
OP
PENNYHUNTER

PENNYHUNTER

Aug 19, 2007
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
Well thanks for all the comets on my topic. That said I will try to ansewer all of the question . The bigest nugget is almost the size of nickle but fatter. I don't know how much it weighs yet, and the location is about 10 miles away fro the south fork of the American river. I think I got them all, If not keep me posted and I'll get to you, thanks.

from Jason a.k.a PENNYHUNTER

Johnny Boy

Greenie
Jun 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Congrats man! Awesome gold. Wish I coulda been there...

HH,

Johnny Boy

P.S. way to make the banner!

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Holy smokes, what a haul! Congrats guys!

Nashoba, if that invite turns out to be legit, try to work me in. I'll bring my 3" down and we can all toss rocks for a while. ;)

Gold over $900 an ounce + posts like this = why it's so hard to keep dredges in stock :)

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, does that get the blood flowing! Just seeing all that purty stuff! Yeah!
Carl

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Cool,
I wish we had gold around here. Question, Is the panning a whole separate operation here or are you panning the fines from the dredge, I am clueless about the process.

kierdan

Jun 26, 2006
Elkton, Maryland
just WOW. Would love to try something like that. Pic 2 looks like something terrible happened. LOL hope to see more of what you guys are doing.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i seen a deal on the history channel about two guys doing the same thing in alaska with hte same rig i thought it was the same guys untill i read the captions

UNCLEJUNK

Jul 10, 2008
Answer to guestion from Foilman-
Yes I am panning the concentrates from the sluice box on the dredge. Which were washed into the plastic tub behind me.Of course the larger pieces are easily seen and picked out of the sluice box. So we call them pickers.The largest one ended up weighing 1.3 pennyweight. 20 pennyweight to an ounce.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kierdan said:
just WOW. Would love to try something like that. Pic 2 looks like something terrible happened. LOL hope to see more of what you guys are doing.

:o

First documented evidence of gold-shock. That happens when you eyeball one of them nuggets and pass out face first into the creek.

;D

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
Yeah good finds in our gold country old Cal.
Keep looking deeper, try also the banks for old gold
thats good for MD0ing too. Great you made the banner too ! Good Nuggie.

LOL ! Robin

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
OH ! One more thing Pennyhunter.
Nuggets a penny weight and better are worth 1 1/2 times the gold value, and it prograsses from there.
The big nugget you got if it weighs say 1 O/Z could be worth 4- 5 times more then the gold, thats a guess, long time since I did gold mining, but check it out carefully.
Don't show it, but rather just ask first, if you want to sell it that is, or any others.

LOL ! Robin

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Wheres the follow up post to this great gold spot? Surely you guys haven't quit hitting it. How much have you guys got now its been a mth or so. Looks like you guys got a very good site there. We all wish you well and hope to see you guys get a fist sized nugget!!!! Or at least half dollar size! HH prospecting Tom P.S. As stated by someone else, Do you guys use a metal detector on your sites also? Good luck and dig em up!!!

findinglittle

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX
Hey this is finding little aka Penny hunters cousinwho is sitting on the rock. I heard that my uncle and cus was back there last weekend looking to find the mother lode. I live in AZ so it is a little hard to get up to northern cali to do this very often. When i do get up there we have a great time trying to find the big one. Just a few questions that were asked like do we use a metal detector to help us. Penny Hunter does bring his out once in a while but we have yet to find any placer gold with it. I hear that they did pretty well last weekend and I hope to get up there at least for one more weekend this summer. Thanks for all the posts. it sounds like we are going to be in a mag some time in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions