SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After spending the morning at the lake unsuccessfully hunting for gold, I headed out for my second favorite hobby, scouring the thrift shores for bargains. Today it was a large chain type thrift store. I was wandering through the household section and stopped to look at a auto visor cd holder. It had half a dozen cd slots and a mesh pouch at one end. And then I noticed something small and shiney in the pouch - looked like a slide type pendant - took a closer look, yup, thats what it was. And it looked a lot like black hills gold. So, I dug out the specs, took a clearer look and it still looked like gold. I could make out a stamp on the back but not what it said. What to do, what to do. I wasn't about to just take the pendant, I briefly thought about taking it out and turning it over to someone at the store, but doubted I could get anyone in this primarily spanish speaking store to even understand me. So what the heck, the CD holder was $.49, I decided to leave the pendent where it was in the pouch, take it to the cashier and pay for it and see what happened. She didn't give it a second glance, just rung up the sale and I headed home with my maybe, maybe not gold, 49 cent pendant. At home, the magnifier glass shows the back marks to be 10K. Yahoo! It only weighs in at 1.9 grams but at least I didn't have to spend three hours in the water to find it!

Attachments

• gold slide.jpg
    gold slide.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,014
Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Nice little pendant! My luck the clerk would have found it tucked in there & called the cops. lol

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread